Sunday, June 6, 2010

Thoughts

There is an awful lot on my mind as of late.  Most important for now is my little dog.  He's just fine except for his eyes and thyroid and his teeth.  His teeth have been really bad for quite some time, but taking care of them is expensive so we've never had them cleaned.  Now they are what's causing his eye infections.  For now we're just going to continue treating his eyes.  His pain meds are finally starting to help him and he's doing a lot better that way at least.  I feel a lot better about his health and am not as worried anymore.

Summer is finally upon us and the temp is on the rise.  We finally turned on our ac and yard work has now become harder to do for me.  Me and heat just don't get along.  I'll have to start either waking up extra early to mow or waiting til almost dark.

My pool table is gone, and now that its gone I'm experiencing sellers remorse.  I have always wanted my own pool table.  I worked hard to get my own pool table.  Sadly it is now gone and all I want to do is play.  We ended up not really having enough room for it and finances are getting tighter.  I got more for it than I paid and it will cover the majority of the registration for the car this month, so its a bonus.

Speaking of finances, it is becoming a bigger and bigger worry for us.  All our expenses are going up but our pay is staying the same and that is becoming harder and savings is becoming smaller.  Even tightening our budget and streamlining our expenditures we are still ending up just the smallest bit short.  We do not have to pick and choose what bills to pay, but we have no extra at all after bills and groceries.  Anything that comes up extra, vet costs, car registration, etc., even if we need new clothes for any reason, its a struggle.  If an emergency comes up, we're screwed.  We have both come to admit that we bought a bit more house than we should have, but that's neither here nor there.  We have to suck it up and go on.

Now we have a deciding game to play.  The housing market is still in the dump no matter what the rumors are.  We have ended up just enough upside down from this that we cannot streamline, refinance, or sell.  So, does one of us get a second job?  Do we start selling off all our stuff?  Do we beg for raises? Or do we utilize one of or our many rooms, give up our privacy,  hope we can find someone trustworthy, and rent a room?  None of these decisions are very appealing to me, but it's getting more and more clear that we are going to need to do something.  If one of us gets another job, we would have to juggle the car more than we do and never see each other.  If we rent a room, we give up privacy, but add some risk.  Or we can keep up living at the very edge for two more years until the car is paid off.  Andy is leaning towards renting, I have a lot of problems with it. 

I just don't know what to do.  I know things could be a whole lot worse, but it's still so painful.  We can squeeze in some fun here and there, but it's all starting to catch up.  If we got a renter, we could have a lot of wiggle room.  Andy sees it as an opportunity to meet new people and learn to trust our fellow man again.  I see it as something to be really nervous about.  There's a lot we would have to do to even be ready to rent a room too.

Lots of stuff to think about in the next little while.  Sorry for the rant but I needed to get it out.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I wonder if Lee would be interested in renting a couple of rooms from you?
It is tough to be so tight! Hang in there k.