Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Almost Done

I really need to learn to blog as I go, there's so much I want tell but then life grabs me, sweeps me away, and takes me on a fun ride and then I have to try to remember all that just happened and all that I wanted to tell. Okay now, on to Sunday!

I got up with computer on the brain again, it's just driving me insane that I can't get my machine to do just what I want it to.  If we could afford it, we would so be ordering parts for awesome twin machines right now.  Andy's puter is having hardware problems.  Anyway, I took my lappy downstairs and got all my music and pics and docs and all things with saving moved to it, found the xp 64 disk and started the process of crashing my machine, wiping the drive clean and starting over.  I put in the disk and went upstairs to sort laundry and bring it down for washing.  I got the first load in and sat down on the couch downstairs and was out.  Gone.  I woke up later and Andy tells me my computer is almost done and that I have been asleep for two and a half hours.  hehe, nice nap.

After getting windows installed, spending some time locating my driver disks and getting those loaded and figuring out how to get xp to spread across duel monitors, I still can't get my work programs to work.  DAMNIT.  Okay, give up for now, get some more laundry done and get going, before I let my whole day be ruined.  Take a breath, whew.

We then got ready and headed for Andy's mom's place.  I'm in a bad mood, but trying not to be and just really not being happy about celebrating Father's Day for a man who never leaves his bed.  It just really annoys me some days that he can't get past his issues, I mean the man didn't even go to his son's graduation and there were people actually dying that made it.  Anyway, my daddy issues aside, we got there and visited and enjoyed ourselves.  There was a couple there that none of us had met that were friends of Lewetta that were really nice.  They have a very adorable little girl about the age of my niece, Becca that us far more observant than any kid should be.  I gave Andy a nice goose in the kitchen thinking no one was watching, then I Anne pipes up and said she saw that and next thing I know Brakelle(s?) is running around pinching butts!  She was clear in the other room!  hahaha  I really liked Josh and Danny and we found out they like playing games, so maybe we'll get together some time with them for board games.  John actually came out and socialized which was really nice and it was fun visiting with everyone.  Mike and Ann were watching youtube videos called Drunk History and I watched a few with them with them.  It was both entertaining and disgusting to watch.  They interviewed someone and would get them really drunk and have them talk about historical events and then they would show reenactments done by real actors.  Sometimes the person got too drunk and puked and they filmed the whole thing.  LOL  Anyway it turned into a wonderful evening with family, friends and good food.  Lewetta made some of the most delicious fall apart ribs ever and Andy made a very delectable home made from scratch bbq sauce to put on them.  It was soooo good! We had to go home earlier than we would have liked, but it was a school night and I still had laundry to do.

When we got home and out of the car we heard a woof from next door, from the neighbor that doesn't have a dog.  I look over and there's this dog standing on the other side, I said hello and he came around the fence with his tail a-waggin' and happy as could be.  He let us pet him and even let me get a thorn out of his paw, which is when I found he was a full boy.  He had a collar on, but no tags, was friendly and nice and obviously someones pet.  he wouldn't sit, but that doesn't mean much, it could just be that he speaks another language.  we don't know many neighbors and the only neighbor we know with a big black dog weren't his people.  I knocked on Mitty's door apologizing for bugging so late (10:00) and asked if he knew who belonged to.  Mitty said he'd been around all day and he had no idea.  Hmmm, that says no one is looking for him most like.  We debated for a bit about what to do with him, I decided I wasn't comfortable calling animal control and we put him in our back yard thinking we could figure it out after work the next day.  He got along with our dogs just fine and wanted in the house, but I was not willing to let him in not knowing anything about him.  we sat down and Andy reminded me that our dogs are not up-to-date on their regular shots and decided the new guy couldn't spend the night and turned him loose out front.  I watched out the window for a bit and the dumb dog stood int he road twice and about got hit both times.  I couldn't handle the thought of him getting hit and went out and brought him back.  I gave him some food and went back inside and went to bed.  I got bad anxiety and was being stressed about who knows what and couldn't fall asleep and needless to say this dog decided he did not want to stay outside and he put up a ruckus off and on most of the night.  I finally got to sleep during one of his lulls and then about 3:30 in the morning he started barking and howling and would not stop.  I gave up, went out and opened the gate.  He was more than happy to be out and I haven't seen him since.  I hope he made it home.

No comments: