Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Swim Suit Dilema

Whew~ finally got to the current day!  How's that? :)

Had a busy and rather rotten day at work.  The attendance policy got tightened up and I'm not happy about it.  Attendance policies are very important and are in place for a reason, but it is so tight now that it's almost as bad as a rotten call center's.  Ugh.  I know why it's happening though and can't fault the person at all that got the ball rolling.  I think anyone would have done the same, had they been in her shoes and I still feel the main fault lies elsewhere, but I won't get into any of that.  On top of this, they have totally reworked the process I use for the majority of what I do and really don't like it.  It's clunky and confusing and forces the processor to have to research each and every transaction for more than is needed.  It also adds so much time to the process it's become unreasonable.  It feels like the whole process has been taken backwards and made less efficient and easy to use when upgrades should do just the opposite.  Needless to say I was quite annoyed and a little mad by the time the day was done.  Anyway, enough of work.

Because of overtime, Andy dropped me off at the pool for aerobics and Denise was on her way.  Now, I'm a little worried about my suit because when I pulled it out of the wash the other day, It had some little white spandex fibers showing along the seam int he back.  The means it was starting to split.  This is not good for my self esteem, just more proof that I have a very generous butt. Now, keep in mind that I am still irritated from work as I get undressed and get my suit on.  I realize the back just feels "lighter" than it should.  Uh oh.  Sure enough, I look in the mirror and guess what you can see?  That's right, my big fat ass crack.  GAH.  Andy's gone and I've paid already.  Great.  I want to cry.  Then, I remember Denise said she had a spare that might fit me!  I hurry and text her and actually caught her before she left the house, yay!  She got there and the suit fit great, albeit a but loose here and there but not enough to worry about.  I was able to order a new suit thanks to a tip from my friend Chelly about my name appearing on the unclaimed property list from the state treasurer.  I have no idea what it was for, but I had $50 owed to me from like five or six years ago.  Awesome.Can't wait till it gets here. i also got a shirt for $1.50 on my order, nice.  Anyway back to the evening.  I was so distracted tonight at aerobics I kept getting lost.  I also managed to almost dunk myself when we were out in the deep end doing push ups on the water noodles, but that was pretty fun.  Currently, our goofy cat, Baggs, is curled up on my swim bag, happy as a clam.

I got home and found that Andy had not only gone to the store but he had bought some very healthy stuff for the week and got us a big yummy salad for dinner.  I love my husband, he's awesome.  Love you my gummy bear!

By the way, I have totally avoided my pc tonight.  I've had enough. At least if I reactivate my World of Warcraft account, I can play it on my laptop.  LOL

No comments: