Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Free Labor

So I got my lawn mowed again for free tonight, the back this time.  Denise's friend Brandy was bringing her son over to Dan and Denise's to mow their lawn and Denise asked if I had anything he could do.  Apparently he got in trouble and had to do some community service.  I told her to bring him on over and I could find plenty for him to do.  The lawn was too long for him to effectively pick up poop, but he got the back lawn mowed and my brother-in-law came over to help us get rid of our huge limb pile, so we had Alex help with that as well.  It was wonderful to sit back and watch someone else mow for once and not feel guilty about it LOL.  It's so nice to have my entire backyard back.  I'm sorry he got in trouble but I was more than willing to help out with his sentence.  I thoroughly believe in consequences.

As we were finishing off the wood pile, I found a break away collar stuck in among the branches.  I was glad it was break away or we may have found a dead cat instead.  The tag had a number on it and said, "Hi I'm Piglet" on it.  I thought about it and decided to call and make sure Piglet was okay, I had no idea how long the collar had been there.  I called and the lady said he was fine and didn't want the collar back, but she was really weirded out by me calling her about it.  I thought that was funny and I thought it was even more funny that a boy cat named Piglet had a purple collar, poor guy. 

I made it back to water aerobics last night and I am so feeling it today.  My back and legs are really sore.  This made me even more grateful that someone else did the work tonight.  Denise was having a hard time from it tonight too.  We'll be back at it tomorrow night.

I also discovered that our robin nest has come up empty.  I can't imagine what happened to those bright blue eggs.  It makes me sad, I was really looking forward to keeping tabs on them.  I didn't even get to see them hatch.  A snake or something probably got to them, she had it awful low and we're right next to a canal.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Piglet ate them lol.