Monday, June 21, 2010

Busy busy busy

Should I bother playing catch up?  or do I just skip days I haven't written about?  Some times I skip other times I catch up, just depends on what's going on I guess.  We've had a very, very busy four or five days so I guess I'll play catch up one more time.  I'll have to do what I can on my breaks until I get home.  I have a blogging bug today.

Wednesday:  We watched a documentary called Food, Inc.  Let me tell you, if you don't want to know where your food comes from or how bastardized the whole commercial process for food has become, don't watch it.  If you're like us, and like to know what you're eating and where it comes from, I recommend it but know it's pretty in depth and disturbing.  Needless to say, Andy and I are going to be looking into measures to only eat commercial foods when we have to.  I'm really regretting not doing a garden this year.  I already know where my beef comes from, but I don't know how long Dad will keep up with the cows.  He's getting old and it's getting harder for him to keep up with everything on the farm.  I actually wish he would sell the cows and downsize.  Yes, this would mean we would have to look for a different natural beef source, but more importantly, it would mean that none of us would need to worry as much about Dad getting hurt or overdoing it.

Thursday:  Swamped at work and my boss asked for overtime, so I skipped lunch and worked until four.  This meant that I skipped aerobics again which bothered me, I really hate missing, but gave us time to get home, let the dogs out, and then head to my sister's place.  Some friends were in from out of town and Stacie had a bbq and invited lots of people over.  It was really nice seeing friends that we haven't seen in so long, but there is something I have started noticing lately.  They all have kids and we don't.  I don't normally have a problem with this, but lately I feel so out place when we get together with people with kids.  They talk about kid stuff and all I can talk about is dog stuff.  My kids have paws, that's just how it is.  Oh well I guess, it was still a very enjoyable evening.  Andy couldn't bring himself to eat any chicken though and all I could think about was the images of how commercial chicken is raised and abused as I was eating mine.  I think it'll take a few days for us to get it out of our heads.

Anyway, more to come later.

No comments: