Sunday, June 13, 2010

Denise stole my title

Came home from work on Friday with a bad headache and it has come back for a second round today.  I hate headaches.  Needless to say, it made for a very lazy start for the weekend which isn't all that bad actually.  I got lots of naps in.

Denise invited us all over to her place for a semi impromptu girls night Saturday.  There was a moment of brief indecision when it was briefly talked about everyone coming to our house, but Andy put his foot down on that, our house was a mess.  I decided to stay in my jammies and just wear my slippers over there and the girls were jealous that I was comfy and none of them thought to do the same hehe.  The boys all went down stairs and we had a nice time chatting away.

We finally all got hungry and were trying to decide what to eat.  We talked about ordering pizza, but Beth is on weight watchers and couldn't eat it, so we girls decided to go out and the boys could fend for themselves (they ended up going to Five Guys).  We decided on Chilis and headed out in two cars.  I decided I really didn't want to go to Chilis in my slippers and asked Denise to swing by my house.  We got all the way over there and then Denise asked if I had my key.  Damnit.  So I went to Chilis in slippers, jamma bottoms, and a sweater, LOL.  We all ordered fairly healthy stuff and it was all really good.  I was glad of this as the last few times I had gone there it was really disappointing.

Lorie left us from there and Denise, Beth and I piled into one car and headed home.  As we got going, the car started making a really odd squealing noise.  We'd go and it would do it, we'd stop and it would quit.  We got to the light and Beth started giggling in the back for no apparent reason.  Denise said, "What's so funny?" to which Beth said, "Nothing".  I was like, "You can't giggle and say it's nothing, what's up?"  Apparently, Denise and I had been exchanging "Huh" back and forth in different tones as we were confused about the sound and didn't even realize it.  Beth found it incredibly funny and so did we, but then Denise kept doing it.  We all got a huge laugh out of it and she compared it to saying "um" too many times and said, "Damnit now I have one more thing I need to learn not to say."  We all got a really good laugh out of it and kept cracking jokes about "huh" all the way home.  It was great, but you may have needed to be there.  I figured Denise would have blogged about it first and called her entry, "Things that make you go, huh?" hence my title, but I actually got to it first HAH!  but I decided to keep my title anyways.  hehe

We got back to the house and chatted for another long while and then Beth decided to go about 1:00.  Andy came up from the basement and Dan and Brayden went to bed.  Andy and I stayed and talked with Denise until after 4:00 in the morning.  It was a great evening.

Like I said, I have a headache again today, but it is manageable.   Andy and I have spent a good portion of the day today cleaning so we won't need to be embarrassed if anyone decides to come over.  hehe

It's my Mom's birthday today, I called and wished her a happy birthday and we chatted for a bit, but my brother and his wife were over so I let her go so she could talk with them.  Love you Mom!  Happy Birthday!

Now I believe I hear a Sunday nap calling to me.  *yawn*

No comments: