Saturday, June 26, 2010

Surprises

I fell asleep on the couch hurting last night, then Andy woke me up about and hour later to surprise me with an episode of my favorite show, Doctor Who.  We watched it and an episode of True Blood and then headed for bed about 1:00 am.  Andy woke me up the next morning with breakfast in bed, have I mentioned how much I adore my husband?, but then I shortly fell back asleep and didn't wake up again until 2:30.  Man, I slept the entire day away.  I hurt all over and really don't feel good.  I hate having fibromyalgia.  I got up and got dressed and was upset with my pants.  They have gotten baggy and really loose, which is a good thing but I don't have any others to wear and can't go get new ones right now.  I recently had to measure myself in order to order a new swim suit and realized I had lost 2 inches from the last time I had measured several months ago, and so I decided to brave the scale today.  I got a really nice surprise and found out I had lost 9 pounds.  YAY!

We did get to a movie though, we saw Karate Kid and it was awesome. We also discovered a new frozen yogurt place.  I grew up in American Fork and next to our theater was this place called The Yogurt Parlor and it had the best ever frozen yogurt.  They have closed and I have not been able to find another place with frozen yogurt that I like.  I'm very picky about it.  We the Yogurt Land in Jordan Landing is the bomb!  they are as good and better than the Yogurt Parlor.  Its self serve, have fresh toppings, and no artificial flavoring at all.  They sell it by the ounce as well so you can make it as big or small as you want with whatever toppings.  I had a chocolate and arctic vanilla with fresh cut strawberries and reeses pieces and Andy had chocolate and pistachio swirl and cheesecake and strawberry swirl with fresh strawberries.  It was all really delicious and I highly recommend going.  Oh and all their flavors are no or low fat.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't believe you have lost 9 lbs! That is so great! I knew you were making better eating choices but WOW 9 lbs!!!! Way to go!

Mooster said...

I know, it's awesome - I lost the inches over a couple of months but the nine pounds have had to been in the last week or so. It makes me happy.