Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sadness

Today started out as a good day.  I wasn't hurting, I was happy, we were going out, we were going to have fun.  My mom called.  My uncle is dying.  He has been given two months to live, but he probably won't make it that long.  All I can do is cry and be sad and be mad.  I didn't get to meet my grandpa because he died of emphazema and drinking.  My uncle Wayne has it and is now dying, my uncle Allen has it.  My brother already has lung problems and had to move to Nevada and a dryer climate to keep from being hospitalized.  My step brother, my cousins, my big sister and her husband, my brother-in-law.  Do any of them learn?  Do any of them quit?  Do any of them care?  How many more am I gonna lose before I really should?  How much more heartache do we all have to endure before anyone gets it?

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I am sorry Stefanie, that is very hard.

Denise said...

you can only hope and pray. It's too hard. I love you.