Monday, May 3, 2010

Weekend, worries and books

So the weekend started out crappy but has ended on a slightly better note.  Money troubles and a cold stressed me out to the point of shutdown, but Andy helped me see reason and to know we will be okay.  All our bills are paid, it's just hard not being able to afford anything after that, such as buying underwear.  We sat down and scrutinized our budget and created some wiggle room to last till payday.  I can continue doing aerobics and now have new butt wear :)

I am still worried about money, but that goes without saying.  As I sit here typing, being up way too late once again, I look down at my 16 year old lovable mutt and realize he looks so tired even when he's asleep and wonder what future bills we'll have to keep him comfortable.  The cat also has a slight sneeze and I'm not sure if I should worry about it too much or not, and I know our other dog, Lily, needs her teeth cleaned so hers don't end up as bad as Chewy's, and they all three need shots.  And these are just a few of my worries.  Andy and I both need shoes as well.  With a trip to Montana coming up to see my sister and her family that I have missed so much and haven't seen in 6 years, all extra money will be focused on that so we can go.  that's been really up in the air, but we'll make it!

I have not used my main computer in a month because it has been having fits and I haven't had the time or energy to mess with it and get it working right.  I'm quite sure it needs to be wiped again, which will also give me the opportunity to get rid of stupid vista and go back to xp.  At least I have a nice laptop to use.  Anyway, my itunes and files that match my ipod are on my pc and I obtained several new books to load to it so I turned the dumb thing on to do a simple load and sync so I have something to listen to at work tomorrow and it turned into a huge frustrating fight, as usual.  I had to fight with it to even start itunes, then to update itunes, then to start it once again.  Then it gobbledy gooped every other line in the program so they couldn't be read.  I shut down the program, moved all my mp3 files to one single folder and out of the itunes folder and started it again.  The lines are fixed but now I had duplicates of almost every file for what ever reason.  grrrrrr.  Almost four hours later I have my books loaded, most of the duplicates taken care of and one more book converting to itunes format.  I'll let that run over night and do a, hopefully, painless sync before leaving for work tomorrow.

And so the weekend ends.  I still don't like my desk, and I really don't like our new commute, specifically what it has done to our fuel bill on top of gas already being over three bucks, and I don't like how quiet work has become, and I don't like that I no longer sit next to the ladies I get along best with.  But, I have a job, I have a stable job, and I work for a company I actually like working for and that's what matters most.  So it is what it is and I carry on.  All I can do is keep my chin up and do my best to keep a good attitude.  I have not been being very good at that lately, but this is a new week, and tomorrow is another day.  "The sun'll come out tomorrow, bet yer bottom dollar that tomorrow there'll be sun, tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya, tomorrow..."...oh sorry...time for bed for sure.  hehe

1 comment:

Denise said...

Things will get better, promise. I'm enjoying your blog. denise