Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Overdoing it

Being the wife of a man that is basically allergic to Utah, the lawn and all things yard are pretty much my job, which I don't actually mind all that much. With mower issues and lack of motivation this spring, I have let my yard go. Now last week a nice young man helped with the front so it didn't need much, just a quick once over, however, the monster that my back yard has become has remained untouched.

This is the back in the middle of mowing it.  EEK
 And just to give you an idea, miss Lilly is roughly 14 inches tall, if you can see her. lol
But I got it done with the mower on the tallest setting and the bag off so it threw the clippings like a weed eater.  I was stumbling around from exhaustion by the time I was done.
I think I'm going to seriously regret that in the morning but at least it's on its way to being tamed.  I'll have to go back over it sometime this week with the mower at the proper height and then clean it all up with the weed eater.

We had a role reversal though that I found to be entertaining.  While I was mowing, Andy was inside doing dishes and at one point I went in and gave him a hug smearing sweat on him.  I didn't mean too, but once I did, I had to laugh.  We're an odd couple that way sometimes.  I love my husband and wouldn't ever trade him.  : )

Andy also has the windows open and music blaring.  It was really nice to hear the music and my husband singing every time I stopped the mower.  We sat on the deck for a bit when all was said and done.  It was a great end to a busy, hard working evening. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

it looks SO much better! Way to go girl!