Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Busy day, sirens and howls

The emails and phone never quit, a refresher trainer for the rescue Stryker chair at work and computer problems interrupted it all.  I feel like all I did was solve or explain problems and get rushes done.  I didn't get any of my regular work done.  I didn't get to finish my lunch and every time I went to head for the bathroom, I got interrupted again.  I didn't get to go til 3:00 and I start work at 7:00.  I was dying.  I spent the day a little stressed out and am now exhausted.  Was planning to get some more yard work tonight, but all I feel like doing is sitting here on the couch with my huney.

I feel so bad.  A little under two hours ago, sirens went by and our little schnauzer, Lily, decided she would try her paw at howling.   It was so funny cause she is so bad at it.  We had a good laugh and I started feeling better until I watched the news.  Those sirens were heading to a house fire a few blocks from us where they found a five year old dead.  I shouldn't, because I had no idea, but I feel bad that I was laughing while that happened. I feel so bad for that little girl's family.

No comments: