Monday, May 3, 2010

Food, a better day, a wet shirt, and a busy evening.

For a monday, today has not been that bad.  Even with not a lot of sleep.  Andy managed to make breakfast once again, despite being out of milk and eggs.  Gotta make it to the store tonight.  It's amazing how having no milk and no eggs norrows down your breakfast choices, lol, thank goodness for pancake mix that only needs water.  We also brought lunch again.  We are doing so well in that department.  It's nice to not have "the same ol'" everyday.

I have been in a surprisingly good mood today.  I thoroughly believe in the power of choice and the difference that can be made when you realize you have been making the wrong one each and every morning of simply choosing, even subconciously, to not have a good day.  Today I am happy and can face my trials, even those involving a wet shirt.

I wore a long shirt today and apparently that drapes over the back of the toilet when I sit down, and leave it to me to choose the wrong toilet.  I stand up and feel something wet on my shirt as I get my pants up and situated and think, "Oh crap what is it from?" so I twist the tail of my shirt around and decide to smell it.  No smell, good.  So I look back at the toilet and lift the lid to see what might be under it.  Nothing.  So I drop the lid and see that the darn thing has a leaky pipe.  Great.  Now, to get back to my desk I have to pass by a whole bunch of short walled cubies with everyone facing the isle I have walk through.  Great.  Ever try to wish you go invisible for a minute?  ya it doesn't work.  I made a mad dash back, trying my best to not look like I was in a hurry and hoping no one really looked at my backside as I passed.  Then I got back to my desk and sat on it, ew.  Oh well, at least I knew I wouldn't get up again for a while.  So embarrassing.  lol

It's going to be a busy night tonight.  Gotta make a dash home, let the dogs out, and then dash off for a birthday party for Andy's grandma.  Hope we're not there too late.  Oh and I forgot to mention, I beat Bioshock for the second time so I could be the good guy LOL.  Now Andy can have his xbox back.  Let me tell ya though, when I'm having a crappy day, being able to go home and blow crap up is a great mood enhancer :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh man, wet toilet shirt lol! I think you are going to do just fine with the blogging. I got a good laugh out of your first try. I really don't care if people are good bloggers or not, I just like to read what other people are up to and what they are thinking :)