Sunday, May 9, 2010

The weekend so far

We went and saw Iron Man II on Friday with the Boe's.  It was awesome, just as good as the first.  I never used to be a big comic book movie fan, but they have been putting out some really good ones and I have added a new level to my geekiness :)  Robert Downey doesn't hurt either...Dan and Denise treated us to dinner after for Andy's birthday at Texas Road House.  It was yummy, if a little too garlicky.

I spent Saturday morning trying to convince this dumb allergy cold that it didn't want to stick around.  In the afternoon,  I took Andy to In and Out for his birthday and we stopped at the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory to get some chocolates on our way to my mom's.  It was a great visit and fun.  Mom loved her chocolates and Stacie, Kenton and Becca were there too.  Becca is getting so big and she has got one of the cutest personalities.  I'm so glad she is part of all our lives.  At one point I sat down in front of Stacie so she could show Mom how she does some of the twists she does in Becca's hair and to practice some new ones on my hair and Becca jumped in and wanted to brush my hair.  She's a bit heavy handed with the brush, but she did alright.  I love having other people play with and brush my hair, even a two year old.  Andy brushed out the knots for me when she was done, hehe.

We stopped at the grocery store on the way home from mom's and I managed to embarrass myself.  We got everything we needed and went and found a line to stand in and Andy went to the bathroom and I grabbed a magazine to read while waiting.  The store was packed with last minute mother's day shoppers.  Anyway, I got caught up in this article about Bear Grylls and next thing I know I hear someone saying, "Ma'am?"  several times and I look up and there is no one in front of me, it was the cashier trying to get my attention!  That was embarrassing, but he said that I wasn't the worst one, he had a guy fall asleep while standing in line once!

I made Andy breakfast this morning and the two of us have been lounging around playing games while I do the laundry this morning.  Time to get ready so we can go to his mom's and give her her mother's day chocolates.

No comments: