Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Fun Saturday

Saturday was a great day.  I got up early (well early for me on a Saturday) and spent some time on my laptop making sure I had all our tax information together so I could print it out at my mom's.  Our good printer is out of ink and our other printer is dumb and since Andy's friend Dallas is going to do our taxes for cheap even tho he owns a tax business, I need to have everything in order to get that done on Wednesday.  Once Andy got up we headed out and went to the store and then down to my mom's.  It was really fun to go down and make them breakfast.  They enjoyed us doing it too.  I got everything printed out and then was hoping to stay and visit for a while but we got a call from Andy's mom and she needed to have someone come up to the hospital to give her a break so we packed up and headed home.  Andy dropped me off at home and then took off and I logged into Wow with my druid while I waited for Denise to come get me for girl's night. 

Denise finally got there and we took off for a fun evening.  We went and picked up Beth and then stopped for food.  We had a great visit while we ate and then went to a place called Color Me Mine for the evening.  Color Me Mine is a ceramics place where you pick out the one you want and then sit down and paint it with their paints, however they are bisque paints instead of acrylic paints like I am used to.  I have used bisque paints before but I prefer the other.  Bisque paints go on one color and then get fired in the kiln again and come out another color and all shiny so you don't always know how your item will look while you are painting it despite having samples of what the final color looks like.  It was super fun tho and I chose a turtle to paint.  Lorie and Charlotte totally missed out on a fun night.  Denise and Beth and I shared chocolate pretzels and had a good time chatting while we painted.

Here is my cute turtle before.  I'll post pictures again once I get it back so you can see the finished item.  I thought of his little spots to cover a mistake and I have to say, they are a happy accident!  lol




Afterwords, we stopped at a Denny's and had a late meal again and stayed for a long while chatting still.  As we were sitting there, a few kids came in and looked like they were straight from the 80's, one kid looked like Fresh Prince and another even had a fanny pack on!  I started feeling old, as we were talking about the 80's fashions coming back but then more and more kids came in and joined their group all totally 80's and we decided that they had to have come from theme night at a club or something so we just sat there laughing.  Another group of kids came in, the late night Goth crowd, and sat on the other side of the room from them and then started making fun of the 80's group.  It was quite funny!

All in all, it was a great day.  Now to just wait till Thursday to get my turtle back.

No comments: