Thursday, March 31, 2011

Phones and cleaning.

So Andy ordered me a new phone off Ebay, something we were both a bit nervous about.  What if the seller lied?  What if it won't work or there is something hidden wrong with it?  Normal questions buying anything used.  Well I finally got it Tuesday and was really excited about it.  Until Andy tried to activate it on our line.  It wouldn't activate.  A message came up saying it was still active on another account.  What?  What a punk! The seller said it worked great, was clean, and usable but he didn't shut off his service to it?  What an idiot.  Andy emailed and let him know he needs to shut it off.  While this was happening I was playing with the phone and guess what?  he left his entire contact list on it!  What an idiot.  Ordering take out from China was very tempting and crossed my mind.  Prank texting all his contacts also went thru my head.  But I decided to be nice.  He finally answered last night and said he would have to go to the Sprint store and see what was going on with it.  Hopefully he'll do that today.  It's so frustrating having a new used phone and not be able to use it.  It's much nicer and far more responsive than what I have.

So my dad and his lady friend (what do you call someone your dad is engaged to but isn't going to marry?  Does fiancee still count?  Step-mom?) are in town and so I've left our normal week night plans open and have been cleaning.  I realized last night tho that I have been cleaning a little each day ever since we got a dishwasher and I probably would have cleaned as much as I did last night even if they weren't in town.  Which is good cause I found out today they won't be coming by  :(  Ever since our old dishwasher broke I have not been the greatest housekeeper, but I used to be and this has bugged me, but I couldn't get myself motivated unless people were coming over, which doesn't happen all that often, so it stays messy.  Now that we have a new one tho, I have this great urge to get everything clean.  Could be spring fever too, not sure.  But, it's like having a working dishwasher gives me hope of being able to keep up and keep it all clean.  Weird, but nice.  

I'm hoping Saturday we can go look at new mattresses and maybe get the lawn sprayed and fence repaired.  Lily has a late appointment to get her shots that day too.  Gonna be busy.  Glad tomorrow is Friday.

No comments: