Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Service Guys

On Monday I worked from home so I could be here when the guys came to drop off the dishwasher and then again to look at our mattress.  Can I just say, I love working from home.  I wish I could do it every day.  Anyway, the dishwasher guys were here and gone in about 10 minutes, just your ordinary, boring, "just doing our job" delivery guys.  The mattress guy tho, he was hilarious.  It cracks me up that his title is Mattress Inspector too.  I had put up a gate in the basement and left Lily down there so she wouldn't bother the guys and because you just never know how people are going to react to a dog rushing up to them barking for all she's worth, no matter how small she may be and the ones that are scared or bothered by it never believe you when you tell them the dog would never ever bite or nip.  Well, the mattress guy felt bad that she was down there all alone and asked me to go let her up which I thought was very cool.  She of course got upstairs before me and rushed the guy.  I forgot to warn him that she would do that and when I got back up he looked a tad bit worried and told me he thought she was gonna bite him.  I laughed and said she's never even tried to nip anyone, she just likes to pretend she's tough but she's the biggest chicken ever.  He laughed and started teasing her and she showed just how big of a chicken she truly is.  Funny thing tho, as soon as I told him her name and he started calling her by name she shut right up and just huffed at him.  She's never done that before.  Cool.  I'll have to remember that one next time someone comes over she doesn't know.  He said that he had been bit by people's dogs and said chihuahuas were the worst.  I thought that was hilarious.

So we took the bedding off and he started taking pictures of the mattress and found some places that the seams in the quilting had popped on top of it having a big dip.  And then he lifted the mattress off and then grabbed for one of the box springs and it occurred to me that I didn't clean under the bed.  Crap.  Sure enough there was all kinds of junk and garbage under there (and a totally freaked out cat hehe).  My husband has this bad habit of just kicking things under there (not the cat of course) and I got all embarrassed and John just laughed and said he'd seen a lot worse.  He said, "Once I started seeing toys I learned to do my best to only look at the mattress."  LOL Poor guy, who knows what all he's seen.   He told me that one time he was looking at this mattress in a pretty big bedroom and the wife was standing off to the side just kind of "supervising" what was going on, and it was obvious she ruled the roost, and he and the husband got all the bedding off and then lifted the mattress and between the mattress and the bed skirt was a girlie magazine.  He said the husband just got this "Oh shit" look on his face and so he just hurried and grabbed the bed skirt all in a lump and threw it to the side, magazine and all, without the wife seeing so the guy wouldn't get in trouble. Too funny! 

When he was done he had me sign and initial and said it would be about seven business days before we would hear anything and went on his way.  I was totally surprised when I got a call that same evening saying the mattress was definitely bad and poor quality and to go pick out a new one under warranty!  YAY!

Now to find the time to go and pick one out...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WOO HOO for the good news coming so fast. You describing the mattress to me gave me a completely different picture in my head than actually seeing it. Just looking at it you could tell there was some weird problem. That was NOT a normal body sag. I don't know how Andy has been sleeping in that narrow canyon. Better sleep coming your way soon HURRAH!