Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Sewing Frustrations

So my mom was nice enough to give me some black thread when we stopped in on Sunday on the way back from my dad's and so last night I decided to finally hem my black pants.  I stood on stool and had Andy mark the length for me and then proceeded to cut off the bottoms.  I figured since my brown pants went so easily that my blacks pants would be the same.  No such luck.  Once I got them measured and pinned for the hem I wanted and the machine set up to go I had nothing but trouble.  On every single seam it caught, bunched, knotted and broke no matter how careful I was.  I finally got them done but it took a lot longer than it should have and I was frustrated instead of pleased when I was done.  If you don't look close they look fine, but you can see the trouble on all the seams if you do.  I wouldn't be a bit surprised if it all comes out int he wash. 

Also in the process of doing this, my cat decided she would be ever so helpful and kept playing with the pants and pulled them off the board several times and reaching up trying to get the string and trying to get the bobbin whenever I had it out trying to sort out the jam and at one point I had the box of pins too close to the edge and she reached up and slapped them and pulled them off sending pins all over.  Darn Cat!  LOL

I think I'll keep to repairs in the future, they are easier hehe.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I think it is neat you are learning to sew. I think you are brave, I am afraid of sewing machines.