Friday, March 11, 2011

Slacker

Wow, I have been a total slacker this week!  Well, I'll try to sum up, which I'm not good at.

Last Friday was a blast introducing my sister to the new addiction that is called sushi and then going ice skating with her and her family.  I didn't get to get around many times due to cramping feet and what not.  There was a hilarious moment tho when I decided I needed to be done and headed for the wall.  Stacie followed me over and then said she was going around again and just as she turned her back and made a push to go, your's truly went down!  I really don't even know how it happened or how I landed, all I know is I went down and into a spin and only stopped due to my head hitting the wall.  I quickly got up and then started laughing knowing Stacie missed seeing it LOL

As I got off the ice I realised my left hip hurt and the lower part of my right calf was stinging bad.  I pulled off my boots and noticed a small gash on my right leg.  I must have landed on the hip and slammed my left skate into my right leg before going into the back spin.  The leg bruised up nicely around the sore and I think it's infected a bit but it's more funny than painful.  All-in-all it was a fun night and I only wished I would have sucked up the foot cramps and went around a few more times.  Becca was a pro and took off walking in her skates like she's done it forever and even did really well on the ice after just a few times around. 

Saturday we went out to sushi again with Dan and Denise to the same place (hehe) and then went to a movie, Adjustment Bureau, which was awesome, and then back to our place for games.  We played Hand and Foot and rocked out to some music.  Way too much fun when Queens' Bohemian Rhapsody came on and all four of us started head bangin!

I started not feeling well Sunday and was hurting from Friday and ended up in a not so good mood by the end of the day.  Monday sucked, worked from home Tuesday with a headache, Andy and I argued, we both stayed home entirely on Wednesday totally stressed out and me still dealing with a headache and neither of us feeling very good.  Yesterday was okay.  Today I am doing my best to stay in a good mood even tho I woke up whiny and gripy about how I feel about my relationship with dad and the whole situation with the farm and being the youngest child and all, but I made myself get over it (although I'm still upset at ALWAYS being the last to know everything) and am so far succeeding in being in a good mood.

Denise had to go in for a procedure on Wednesday and they ended up keeping her over night and then she had a bad reaction to some of the pain meds and they had to keep her last night too.  We stopped in to say hi yesterday and take her a balloon and some slippers to help her feel better.  Man I am tired of visiting people in the hospital.  I sure hope she gets to go home today tho.

So overall, it was a very stressful, crappy week after a great weekend, but we got great news today.  Our taxes showed up and so after two years without one, we get to go dishwasher shopping this weekend!  Yay!  Unless of course we go to my dad's.  It's his birthday Sunday and he still needs help and I need him to make keys for our trunks and I feel like I'm running out of time.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

You are going to have your own table at the sushi place soon. You guys are more addicted than I am.

Mooster said...

I think we may have to go SAA, we're going again tonight! lol

I may have to go get a big juicy steak soon tho, that sounds wonderful too!

Unknown said...

mmmm steak and sushi n good food lol. I am sorry you are feeling the last child syndrome : (
At least you weren't the last one to know about the farm. Shanna cried when I told her.
Friday night was a lot of fun and I actually want to go back to the sushi place and get a sweetheart roll mmmmm.
Did you put antiseptic on your leg like I told ya to huh huh huh?
I hope you find a fantastic deal on a great dish washer. You aren't going to know what to do with yourself now lol. I can't believe you made it two years without one UGH!