Friday, March 25, 2011

Mixed Feelings

I have been married going on seven years now and in that time I have never slept apart from my husband (not counting naps of course).  We've never has reason to and never wanted to.

We had made plans this weekend to go to my dad's to help out some more and I was going to pack up my two old trunks and see if he could take a minute or two and make me a couple of keys for them.  My sister and her family had made plans to go as well and for whatever reason we all are having mixed feelings about going.  I don't know why.  For my husband this dilemma turned into anxiety and he was starting to make himself sick.  He feels lost and gets bored when we go down because my dad doesn't know what to do with him and won't give him a chance and never asks him to help and, well, over the years he has not made Andy feels very welcome.  He never talks to him and barely says hi.  My dad also likes to make comments about both our weights.  It bothers us both and neither of us really know what to do about it.   Anyway, I thought all this over and decided, for the first time in our marriage, I would go alone and told him he could stay home if he wanted.  Within hours of telling him this his anxiety eased and he started feeling better.  I love my husband and hate to see him upset.

What this means to me is I can't take my trunks down and I'll ride with my sister.  They are taking the truck and I'm not sure how we are all going to fit.  I imagine it's not going to be a comfy ride down not to mention it is now snowing outside.  Oh well.

This also means that we will be sleeping two night alone.  It's only two nights.  People and couples do it all the time.  I did it for most of my life.  We both did.   So why are we both so weirded out by it?  I'm gonna miss mah Hunneh!  /sadface

I gotta put on my big girl panties and suck it up.  I have to go, it's going to be one of the last times I can.

On a happy note, I'm getting a new phone!  I went from an old crappy flip phone that couldn't do anything but calls and texts to a smart phone a few months ago.  We got good deals on new phones and got Andy an Epic and me an Intercept.  I only chose the Intercept because with the deal we got, it was free and we couldn't afford two Epics even at a discount.  I had lots of expectations for my new, awesome phone and was excited to finally join the modern world as far as phones go.  It didn't live up to these expectations.  It's slow, and clunky, and locks up, and loses signal, and half the aps I want to use, it won't run.  I have ap killers and shut everything running off and it still does it.  I tried removing everything and leaving it bare, it still does it.  It's good for calls and texts.  I have begun to want my flip phone back.  Well, Andy has been sneaky and watching for one and yesterday he called me and informed me I am getting an Epic too!  He found a used one with a clean ecs (whatever that means) with nothing wrong with it that a guy is only selling because he bought a new phone.  And it's half the cost of a new one and 100 or so dollars less than other used ones.  And we got bonuses.  I sure hope it doesn't have hidden issues and it will work great.  I r excited!

No comments: