Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Tetris!

Ooh it's been a while since I posted, which, kinda makes me a hypocrite, but I have a really good excuse.  Last week was just plain horrible.  Mix together a continued fight with my sinuses, being a girl, weather changes which aggravate my fibro, and being overly tired and you have one unhappy me.  I stayed home from work Wednesday and tried to work from home Thursday, but didn't make it the whole day.  I did make it to work on Friday and had a good day due to it being Halloween at work and a group of us were Tetris and we entered the costume contest (and I just realized I still don't know who won).


 It was fun but super exhausting, by the end of the day I was done for.  I got a second wind after work and we made it over to my sister's to carve pumpkins.  I had no energy to do a fancy one tho and just did a basic
Jack-O-Lantern and was really done for after that.
Saturday I actually felt really good most of the day.  We were lazy all day and then, because we hadn't had any trick-or-treaters by 5:00 and it was pouring rain, we headed down to my mom's.  It was a bit of a crazy ride down, it was raining so bad visibility and grip on the road was bad.  We made it down safe and had a really good visit.  They actually had quite a few ToT's despite the weather.  Just before we left to go home my throat started hurting, but I had gotten a bit of seasoning from some breadsticks stuck in my throat and I figured it was from that.  We had a nice ride home as the weather had stopped.

When I woke up Sunday morning, my throat was on fire.  We went to the instacare and I got put on some antibiotics for a very serious sinus infection and was given a note for two days rest from work.  Great.  I have already missed too much.  Oh well.  Needless to say I am on the second day off and am still miserable.  My throat is still swollen and sore and my gagbag keeps sticking to my tongue making me gag.  Ugh.  Talking makes it all worse. I have to go in tomorrow no matter what tho, so I better feel better tomorrow.  Ugh

We did get some ToT's Sunday night which made me happy since Sunday was the real Halloween.

So tired of being sick.  Been fighting this crud for more than three weeks.  If my doc had just given me some antibiotics when I went in for ear pain a month ago, I probably wouldn't be in this position.  grrr

EDIT:  Guess what?  Our costume ensemble won 1st place!  Saweet!  Tetris will live forever!!!

No comments: