Monday, November 15, 2010

Great Weekend

Laughing is a great drug.  My drug of choice for sure.  I had the girls over Friday night and it was a blast!  We laughed almost the entire evening.  I love girls night.  We get together roughly once a month to just chat and relax and have fun and we are always up way late, but it's worth it.

Saturday morning I played some WoW and then Lily and I jumped in the shower.  I know, it's weird to get in the shower with your dog, but if I wash her first then have Andy come and get her then wash myself, it works out really well and gets two birds with one stone. She was smelling like dirty socks that got wet and it just had to be done and I didn't want to mess with giving her a bath LOL. Then we decided to go to Sushi and Jason and Elizabeth went with us.  We went to Tsunami this time and it was really good!  We went and wondered around Toys R Us afterword then stopped for some frozen yogurt and went home.  We watched an episode of Coupling (the British one) which was hilarious, and then they had to go. Elizabeth made us this gorgeous wreath to go on our door and had brought it over.  I love it and can't wait to put it up, but not until after Thanksgiving.  I'm a firm believer in one holiday at a time.

Sunday was spent reading, playing WoW, watching TV, and doing laundry.  Andy was wonderful and made homemade bread as well.  I haven't had homemade yeast bread in a long time and it was wonderful.  I had two fillings done earlier in the week and I had had some sensitivity, but as the weekend went on it turned into pain and I was having a hard time eating.  Even eating the soft warm bread hurt.  I could also feel a bit of jaggedness between the two teeth.  I decided that a piece maybe had come off.  No matter what tho, I had no choice but to go back.  I texted my boss and let her know I would be in late Monday.  Andy already had an appointment Monday morning for some fillings of his own so instead of having him drop me off at work first, I just went with him.  He called them this morning and let them know the situation and they got us both sat down as soon as we got there and he just went back and forth between us.  I wasn't missing a piece but apparently one of the fillings had cracked.  He ended up just replacing both of them and he had to deaden my mouth again.  It didn't work quite right this time tho and he had to give me two shots.  We were quite a pair walking out of there, me with the left side dead and him with the right side dead.  We giggled at each other on the way to work.  Now it's all worn off and I am having some residual pain that I'm not too pleased about but I can live with.  My friends at work found it quite funny to talk to me but they all sympathized with me too. 

Tonight I hope to just go home and relax.  Hopefully we won't find any more cat sick anywhere either.  Our cat does not normally puke, but she sure has done a lot of it this weekend, I have no idea what she got into if anything.  I didn't give her dinner last night and only half her breakfast this morning, hopefully that will help cause we can't afford another vet visit right now.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

We had a great time. When I am out of school we should have a Coupling marathon.