Sunday, October 24, 2010

Wow

We hung out at home Friday night, Andy was still dealing with the flu and I wasn't feeling too hot myself.  I have been dealing with a mild cold and bad sinus pain for a week or two, but it hasn't put me down, just made me miserable.  Saturday we played wow all morning.  We haven't played World of Warcraft in six months for various reasons, but decided to reactivate our accounts a few days ago.  We missed playing and talking to our in-game friends.  They have made a lot of changes to the game in the last six months!  We did some reading to catch up and then played with our stats and within about two instances we were back in the swing of things.  Just like riding a bike!  I love the changes they made to hunters and love the new abilities for holy priests.  Andy seams to enjoy what changes were made for paladins and druids too.  We're such geeks!  I got to work on getting the cardboard off the small trunk in the afternoon and had a wonderful talk with my mom on the phone.  Saturday evening I went and hung out with a few of my girls and Andy hung out with Dan and played Diablo II (I think I need to play that one, it looks fun)  I really enjoy hanging out with my friends and getting out just us girls sometimes but I was out until 3:00 am once again LOL. 

Today I just couldn't get going.  I got up and made us both breakfast and then sat down and watched Andy play Assassin's Creed and then promptly fell back asleep.  Once I woke up, I had a hard time shaking the sleep out of my head.  When I finally did, I got the laundry going and then turned on wow.  Anytime I had to wait for anything in game, I turned around and worked on the trunk a bit.  It was a good way to pass the time. 

I had to get out the putty knife and the hammer and get a bit rough with it to get most of the cardboard off.  I finally got all the big chunks off and then went and found the spray bottle.  I lightly sprayed what was left stuck to the trunk and the glue residue and let it sit for a bit.  I then just scraped away with the putty knife until it was all more or less off.  Andy then got mad at me for doing it all when this is supposed to be a project we do together.  Oops.  I screwed up.  I just got started and couldn't stop.  I love doing stuff like this and he has been sick and didn't act all that interested so I didn't even think to ask.  I deserved his getting upset with me.  I apologized and I had him get started on sanding the top.  I think we'll scrape out the paper from the inside before we do anymore sanding though and I need to glue in a knot that fell out before we do one side as well.
Started out just prying a bit up here and there with a flathead screw driver

Here you can see the glue residue

Had to get out the big tools

Bit by bit, going slow and easy, I got it all up.

It's all gone!  The wood is still a bit damp here, it doesn't look that splotchy, really.

Started sanding the top

The metal will look really nice once it's all sanded I think.
It was raining bad outside today so we couldn't take it outside and use the power sander, but doing it by hand and utilizing the shop vac between areas to clean up the dust, it's not too bad doing it inside.

No comments: