Friday, November 12, 2010

Better

We are finally, finally feeling better at our house.  I've got a touch of draining and sinus pressure still, but it's backlash after I was done with the antibiotics.  I finally went to the dentist after nearly eight years and was lucky and only had two small cavities.  I really like my new dentist, that was the most enjoyable (if you can call a dental visit enjoyable) or maybe I should say easiest...ya that sounds better, dentist visit I have ever had.  Two fillings, done quick and easy with no pain involved at all.  Awesome.

Andy and I also finally got our butts in gear and have been cleaning.  I think all that's left really are the floors and our bedroom.  The house feels much better.  I'm glad about this too because I am hosting girls night tonight and even though they are my closest friends, I still would have been embarrassed to have them all over a few days ago.

I've also been getting my craft on a bit and working on my cross-stitch that is about a three year so far on going project and I have been drawing some again as well.  Let me tell you tho, doing a cross-stitch with a string worshipping cat in the house is a trial.  It's amusing for me and frustrating and a lesson in patience for both of us.  It doesn't matter where in the house Baggs is, she can hear me pick up the cloth I swear cause she is right at my feet before I can get truly started.  She ends up on the foot stool in front of me with her eyes wide and her pupils huge just watching for all she's worth for an opportunity.  Her and I have had many discussions concerning this, so for the most part she is a good girl and just sits and watches, but every once in a while the needle and thread get yanked out of my hand or the back of the cloth gets pounced on if I'm not vigilant. LOL

When we got off work yesterday we were both super tired.  Andy went in the bedroom and I sat down on the couch.  I turned my laptop on intending to do the budget but I was having a hard time focusing my eyes and decided to lay back for a minute and shut my eyes.  I fell hard asleep.  I have an alarm that goes off on my phone at 6:00 pm everyday and I vaguely remember that going off, but I stayed asleep.  Well, a little after 7:00 I sat bolt upright and freaked out thinking we were late to work.  The house was totally dark which didn't help.  I jumped up and rushed to the bedroom and scared Andy half to death yelling that we were late (he had fallen asleep too).  Then I realized, I had been on the couch not the bed.  I said, "It's nighttime isn't it?" Andy groaned and laughed.  Oops.  I think the combo of the alarm going off and the house being dark and the fact that I had some dream about work did it.  I hate it when that happens.  We had both been out cold for over three hours. 

Anyway, after work today I need to swing by the store for a few things, make a chicken cabbage salad and hopefully get the carpets vacuumed before everyone gets there.  Andy said he will finish the dishes and mop before heading over to hang out with Dan.  Busy fun night ahead.

No comments: