Saturday, November 27, 2010

Weird Thanksgiving

Mitchell started Chemo on Monday, I had on argument with my boss on Wednesday, and my uncle Wayne passed away Wednesday Night. We got our computer parts on Tuesday and got them put together and loaded with everything.  Got ours monitors Wednesday.  Thanksgiving dinner was canceled even tho we offered to cook it and had bought a turkey.  It has been a very roller coaster week emotionally.  We went to the hospital Thursday afternoon and it turned out to be very frustrating.  We then took off for American fork to have dinner with my family.  Thankfully it was very enjoyable and stress free.  It was wonderful food and good conversation and it was fun to watch the kids play together.  We'll be having a second Thanksgiving dinner Saturday with Dan and Denise and their bunch and then we'll make dinner for Andy's family on Sunday so we can still gives thanks with them too.  Three turkey dinners in a row, oh my!

I was going to log in and get some work done and bank some hours Friday morning but decided not to since this was the last holiday of the year where I will have a choice in the matter.  Our busy time starts Monday and it will be nothing but over time and banked hours for the next month or two.  We aren't allowed time off, but I sure hope I can get my boss to let me have some time on Tuesday so I can go to the funeral.

I think we got our computers just in time.  My mouse died just before we got them, then we get them and Andy's old machine dies flat out, then My speakers blow and his keyboard died.  Wild.  Now we have almost brand new everything, but I think I'm done with buying computer stuff.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

sounds like it was great timing to get new computers. It would have been so frustrating to have them die and not have new stuff.

Hopefully next week will be better. I am so sorry for all the stress, bad news, and drama.