Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Lots of Things Happening.

Boy I have really gotten bad about posting lately and now I have to catch up.  Unfortunately, I have one of the most swiss-cheesed brains out there and can't remember all that happened during the week, but here is what sticks out in my head.

Tons, and tons, and tons of drama at work which really sucks and makes it hard to be there, then my best friend at work quit because of the drama and I don't blame her (I think I would have too), but she quit at the worst time possible.  Our busiest time of the year starts next week and her work gets split between only two of us on top of our other duties.  My boss also continues to expect me to work another line of business that I told her from the beginning I didn't think I could keep up with and now with the extra load, I have no clue how I'm going to juggle it all.  Then to add insult to injury my boss came right out and said she doesn't think I do my job, that I don't work when I am clocked in from home and when I told her I was insulted she said we should have a meeting, but she has never set one up.  Still trying to cool off from that one.  I know why she thinks this tho, but that just makes me more mad.  She can't see my production numbers!  But they're there, I have them, I keep track.  Does she bother to ask to see them?  or just simply trust me like a boss should that I have given no reason not to?  No.  Grrr

Anyway, enough of that.  The past weekend has been fun.  We went out with some old friends that we haven't hung out with, in way too long, on Friday and had a blast.  I really can't remember what else we did over the weekend, but it was enjoyable except for Sunday.  I woke up with a nasty throbbing, can't-open-my-eyes, fibro-induced headache.  It was horrid.  Thank heavens for ibuprofen and bio freeze.  Oh on Saturday night we had decided to go out to sushi but once we got on the road we realized the storm that was starting was worse than we thought.  We turned around, stopped at a place close to home for a quick meal (they did happen to have sushi tho hehe) and then went and settled in at home.  We woke up to over 11 inches of snow!  Crazy.  It's all almost melted now tho.

Monday we got to work and were surprised by a lovely voicemail stating we would get our Christmas bonuses, and when, and then we were naughty and got Christmas presents for ourselves (and birthday for me) early.  We ordered parts for two brand new, kick ass - 3.5ghz quad core, 8gigs of ram, terabyte harddrives, sweet, sweet video cards (can't think of the model right now but they're sweet), big black, full of fans cases - computers.  Sweet! I'm so excited!  I am a gamer and all I have had to work and play on for almost a year is my laptop.  Now don't get me wrong, I love my laptop, but it just isn't cut out for handling hardware intensive games.  My beautiful, cool running lappy now runs hot and that makes me worry, so switching back to a pc for games will be awesome!  We also gave in and ordered a new monitor for each of us, so now instead of a 20" and 19" we'll both have a 20" and a (drum roll) 24" monitor (they were on sale for a really great price).  It's gonna be HUGE! Oh and I have to get a new mouse.  They don't like being dropped.  Haven't decided just yet what to do with our two 19 inchers yet.  Maybe we'll surprise some peeps.

I can't believe it's Thanksgiving week either!  Where'd November go?  We may not get to celebrate the feast this year tho, Andy's youngest brother has had a cancer lump on his skull, they removed it but it's such a rare and aggressive cancer that they are going to put him thru chemo anyway.  He was admitted last night to have the port put in and they are setting him up with a PICC line as we speak.  He'll start his chemo this evening.  He's scarred to death and I don't blame him.  My mother-in-law is beside herself.  Andy and I were going to cook for everyone Thursday but it sounds like Mitch will still be in the hospital and no one may want to eat.  I don't know if we'll end up at my mom's or not or just bag the whole thing.  Who knows.  It makes the holidays tough and unfortunately, the doctor's were worried about holding off for even one more week to get him started.  I feel so bad for him.  We'll just have to play it by ear.

We have been getting blizzard warnings all day.  The news is stating it'll be the worst storm we've had in years, possibly even as bad as the storms we got that flooded us in the spring of '83.  They may send us all home early so we can try and be home before it hits.  Andy is up at the hospital tho and it's against the mountains.  I hope they don't get stuck up there.  I wanted to swing by the store on the way home too, but maybe I should change my mind.

I don't think I have been processing my sugars right lately.  I either get severe heart burn, an upset stomach, or both and then just feel weird.  I have been doing my best just to stay away from sweets and stuff, but I gave in and just ate a huge sugar cookie a little bit ago.  I hate heartburn.  I should know better.  Oh well.

No comments: