Saturday, November 27, 2010

Poor Puppy

So we've had this bush growing under our deck all summer and about half way thru the summer I realized it was a cockle burr bush.  I have been meaning to tear it out ever since.  Well now that there is snow on the ground Lily decided going potty under the deck was a great idea.  She has been coming in with burrs all over her now.  She came in with almost a dozen on her the other day and Andy went out and ripped the thing out after getting the burrs off the dog.  When I got home from work Lily took forever to go do her business when she has been super quick about it since it got cold and I thought that was strange until later on.  I had her on lap, but when i picked her up to put her down I felt a burr near her back end.  I got down on the floor and found two burrs right next to her who-who.  Poor thing.  I went and grabbed some rubber gloves and some scissors and put her on the ottoman to carefully remove them when I found another, far worse one.  The poor thing had gotten a burr trapped and tangled right in front of her poop chute.  She was plugged!  No wonder she took so long, she couldn't relive herself!  Oh I felt so bad getting that one removed and got pooped on in the process.  What a bad place to have burrs.  Oh the joys of having pets LOL.

No comments: