Friday, February 4, 2011

Saint Eggbert

So it's been a while.  I've been lazy and there hasn't been much to say.  The last several weeks have been your normal run-of-the-mill, not-much-happening, life.  There were a few things here and there worth blogging about, but like I said, I've been lazy.  Friends have been talked to, family has been visited, wow has been played, books have been read, movies have been watched, good food has been eaten, pets have been laughed at, work has been done, cleaning has been sorta done.  I am not the world's greatest house keeper, but at least the place isn't a sty.

Andy's brother was in the hospital once again.  He got a septic blood infection and at one point his blood pressure dropped so low half his heart quit.  They had to restart it.  Very scary stuff.  We went and visited him and he is weak and miserable and wants to be done and I can't blame him.  I can't wait for this to all be done either, no one should have to go thru what he's going thru.  He's home again now and hopefully will be able to stay home until his next treatment this time.  Cancer sucks balls.

On a happier note, my dad is making some changes in his life that I am not all together how to feel about, but I think it will all be good and for the best in the end.  He's going thru all his stuff and we are going down tomorrow for a few things he's getting rid of.  I've been needing and wanting a sewing machine for a while now but wasn't wanting anything fancy as I only need it to make simple repairs and for the fact that I really have no clue how to properly use one.  I have used one, but only a few times.  Anyway, my dad is giving me my grandma's machine.  I don't know how old it is or anything about it, but he says it works and that's all I really care about.  It will be nice to have something of hers too.  He's got a new lady friend and I'm excited to meet her.  She seems really nice and it sounds like she knows how to handle him and will be good for him.  He needs that.  It's supposed to snow tho and I'm not looking forward to making such a long trek in the snow.  160 miles or so of white knuckle driving can really get to ya.  Hopefully even if it does snow it won't be too bad.  We haven't been to the farm in a very long time and I'm excited to go down again.  It's only a day trip this time tho so it will be a long, quick trip.  Once it's warm we'll go down again for the weekend a time or two before he's done with what he's doing I'm sure.  I wish we could take out dog tho, it would be easier and she loves it down there where she can just run all over, but dad doesn't like her so she stays home.  Our friends will come and let her out several times for us while we're gone tomorrow.

I've decided to start counting my calories and watching what I eat again.  I've only gained 10 pounds back from my last endeavor which isn't too bad and not all that I lost for once.  Once it's warmer I'll start walking too, the dog and I both need that.  I haven't taken Lily on a good walk since the last time we went camping.  Poor thing.  So far not doing real well on the calories, but the end of the week and a mixed up up-coming weekend is a bad time to start, so I'll just do the best that I can today and tomorrow and really go for it starting Sunday. 

I was hungry as we were getting ready for bed last night so I decided to fry me up an egg.  Andy was teasing me for it and was saying I can't believe you used one egg that could have gone in better things! (just being totally silly) I told him that it did go in a great thing, my belly!  (Have I told you how much I love eggs?) It gave it itself to a great cause.  He asked if it enjoyed it and I said it did, it was a martyr.  We both started laughing and he said, "Saint Eggbert, he gave the yolk of his soul!"  and we went on and on about Saint Eggbert, the patron saint of Humpty Dumpty, and I even had to draw a picture.  I'll post it once I take a picture of it.  We laughed and giggled and were so silly last night.   I love that we can be so silly together and get each other laughing so hard.  It's wonderful!  We were up way too late tho cause we couldn't calm down and go to sleep LOL

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love how you ended this post! It is fun to be silly. Sometimes I think I have forgotten how but Becca reassures me I have not.

Mooster said...

Never ever stop being silly! And never forget how to be silly! Everyone needs silliness in their lives.