Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Different Attitude

I heard something that struck me funny on the radio on the way in to work this morning.  Dear God, if there is a God, save my soul if I have a soul.  I chuckled at that.  You're preying but you are unsure about everything?

Once I decided to stop caring about what my boss thinks, things have been less stressful for me.  I know that's kind of callus and not a good way to think, but at the moment it's that or quit.  I'll try this first.  I quit caring about anything but how I feel about what I have done at the end of the day and now I have a better outlook about my job.  I may still get fed up and quit at some point, but for now I just want to get my work done and keep my groups and sales happy.  If I feel that I did what I could thru the day, I'll call it a good day and that's that.

So we have had our friend Tony from California staying with us since just before New Years and it has been fun.  It's nice to have someone else in the house to talk to.  That's not to say I don't enjoy talking with my husband, we have some wonderful conversations, it's just nice to have another person around sometimes.  He is going back home this weekend and I'm a little sad about that.  He plays wow too so we still get to "hang out" with him and talk to him, but it's not the same as him being here.  Andy has been trying to get him to move back here, but I'm not sure he will.  We told him since most of his stuff was still at our house, that he just as well move in here if he's worried about a place if he decides to come back.  We have his couches and his bedroom set, although we are using his dressers and I'm not so sure I want to give those back LOL.

I have actually been cooking a bit more lately.  It's odd.  I'm not that great of a cook and I've never really had a desire for it, but I've been in the mood lately.  I've hit a point that I am tired of all the grab and go stuff and tired of spending all our money on it to and I've come to the conclusion that Andy had lost his desire too.  I bought him new knives and he has talked about it more, but so far hasn't done much.  Last week I cooked up a really awesome tin foil dinner with steak, red potatoes, onion and carrots in it.  I mixed up a dry ranch dressing mix and some dry garlic bread mix into some butter and put that in there for season after salt and peppering everything and it turned out delicious!  Later in the week I made a goulash but I put carrots in that too and it just wasn't as good.  It thru off the texture so I don't think I'll do that again, but I wanted to use up the rest of the carrots.  Tonight I'm in the middle of making enchiladas.  I cheat a little and mix up a hamburger helper cheesy enchilada mix and use that for the stuffing.  I roll it into the tortillas and then cover them in enchilada sauce and cheese and put them in the oven.  It's yummy, can't wait until they are done!

The weekend was nice, I worked Saturday since I am behind and we are still allowed overtime.  I decided I'll take advantage of that while it's available until I'm caught up.  We were really lazy the rest of the weekend and didn't do much.  Sunday, the boys went over to Dan's and played games all day so I had the house to myself almost the whole day and I really enjoyed it.  I don't get me time very much (and that's fine by me) but when I do I do enjoy it.  I managed to get all the laundry and done and folded!  That's a feat for me lately.  I finished cleaning up from last weekend's party (I know, we're lazy) and didn't do much else except what I wanted to do.  It was great.  We were going to go to Andy's mom's house on Saturday but she ended up not feeling well.  I was wanting to go to my mom's but we all decided it was a bit late to go down after that.  Maybe this coming weekend.  I miss my mom and need some time with her.  Love you mom!

No comments: