Friday, February 25, 2011

Well Being

In our work newsletter that went out today there is a section about well being and it states:

A massive study of people in more than 150 countries shows that five elements are critical to a feeling of well-being: career, social, financial, physical, and community.

“These elements are interdependent. If you’re doing well in one domain but struggling in the others,
 our overall well-being is affected,” says Terri Flint, PhD, LCSW, director of employee health for  intermountain Healthcare. “I may have good health, but if I hate my job, only the weekends are fun. If I love my job but don’t like my spouse, I hate the weekends. If I have money, but hate my job and my spouse, only shopping is fun.”

Hmmm lets look at my life in these terms then:
Career - boring and not fullfilling
Social - Good friends and family and love my husband
Financial - In the dumps, no extra means no fun and lots of stress
Physical - Chunky, tired, and hurting, but working on improving that
Community - No sense of it at work, only know one set of neighbors at home, and barely that, even tho we've lived there for three years.

No wonder I'm in a rut, 1.5 points out of 5 sucks.

Went job hunting again and can't find anything appealing or worth the pay cut.  Discussed safe ways to get out of our house again, can't really think of any.  Discussed the pros and cons of walking away.  Is keeping the finacial stress worth it over ruining our credit we worked so hard to get clean?  On the other hand, walking away and going back to a cheaper place would aleviate the finacial stress and open up possibilities of improvement in the career and community sections.  I don't know why owning a house was so important and appealing to me now.  Neither of like yard work and neither of us are very handy and we have no extra to take care of the place anyway.  Life was simpler and we were both happier in an apartment.  What a concept.

(Please note this was written yesterday and forgot again to post and I have been off my pills for a few days waiting for the refill.  I got them refilled and I think they are kicking in again cause re-reading over this post I realise again why I am on them :)  Don't worry, I am felling better and really don't want to walk away from our house, I still have complaints about it but thats all)

No comments: