Sunday, October 3, 2010

My Day

I had a good day.  I woke up giggling at my silly husband who then tickled me to death for giggling at him.  We went to breakfast and then went to the store.  We went to simply buy a curtain rod, but walked out with the rod, some goodies, a toy and a new bed for Lily. LOL


She really likes her new bed, actually.

We relaxed for a bit and then I decided to hang the rod.  I went looking for the drill and actually found it where it belongs!  Imagine that!  But I soon found out the battery was almost dead and guess what I couldn't find?  yup, the other battery and the charger.  Over the course of several hours I found the label maker, the adapter for Andy's micro sd card, Chewy's old harness and the other extend-a-leash, a missing book or two, and my Hand and Foot deck, all before finding the second battery, which was also dead, but no charger.  I gave up for a bit and watched TV and got the laundry going.  I went back on the hunt again and finally found the stupid charger!

Dan had come over to play Sin's of the Solar Empire and I guess I entertained them both with my laughing at America's Funniest Home Video's upstairs, while they were downstairs.  :)  While I waited for the first battery to charge, I did get some more stuff hung up on the walls.  I got the clock put back up, the picture in the bathroom finally on the wall instead of the counter and a little picture in the kitchen.

Once the battery was done I went to town getting the stupid, hated vertical blinds down.
A while back, Andy's mom had purchased some curtains that she decided she didn't like and gave them to us.  I've been wanting to put them up ever since.  They are cream and our walls a light yellow, so I wasn't sure how they would look, but wanted them up anyway.  Once the blinds were down, I started putting up the brackets for the rod.  The far right one and the middle one went in beautifully, but the far left one decided it didn't want to join the party.  I drilled, I switched bits and I fought with the stupid screws till I was sweaty and very unhappy and the heads were stripped.  I gave up and tried the stupid drywall inserts for the screws.  For whatever dumb, stupid reason, they wouldn't go in either.  I started growling and grunting at them and Andy came upstairs to see what was going on.  There was nothing to be done.  I moved the bracket over thinking that would help, but it didn't.  I finally ran downstairs and grabbed some different screws and they finally took hold and went in.  I have no idea why the stock ones wouldn't go in, I was so mad!
Here are the replacement screws and you can see the plastic inserts to the right of the bracket.  I'll fix that later.
I forgot to calculate the height of the brackets to accommodate the tabs at the top of the panels so the curtains are a little low for the type of panels, but since I know these aren't permanent, I'm not going to move the rod up, especially after the trouble I had.  It's where it's gonna be, period.  I think I want darker curtains, maybe green ones, and the ones that have the rings built into the panels so the panels themselves sit a tad bit higher than the rod.  I think those will look nice.  But in the meantime, the blinds are gone and these don't look too bad.
The poor cat was a bit confused and it took her a long while to figure out how to get between the panels so she could get onto the sill and over to the open window.  Silly cat.

No comments: