Sunday, October 3, 2010

Debates and Promises

The car is safe to drive again, yippy!  We haven't really felt safe driving our car for quite a while now, the brakes just weren't working quite right.  They were pulsing and being soft and sloppy.  We took out a small loan and finally took it in.  I am soooo glad we did.  He said our rotors were so thin in the front that they had warped a little and that's what was causing the pulsing.  He also said because they were thin and the pads were thin that it was creating enough heat to boil the brake fluid and that's why they were soft and floppy.  Ya, it so needed to be done.  We also had an oil change and tire rotation done and he fixed the washer fluid line so we can clean the windshield again and he flushed the brake lines and put new fluid in.  Now it drives beautifully and safely.  So glad we did it.  I was very impressed with the mechanic we took it to.  I will certainly go to him again.  He got the care right in, called us with a quote before doing anything, and then actually ended up charging us a bit less than he quoted.  They were all very upfront, courteous and friendly too.

We took out a little more than we needed so we can get a few other things too.  We got a curtain rod so I can finally hang curtains in the living room and get rid of the stupid, ugly vertical blinds.  We can also now go get my new (old) trunk out of lay-a-way at the antique store and get some stuff so I can get started on restoring it.  Now comes the debates and promises part.  We need a new dishwasher.  We have needed a new dish washer for a very long time.  This is the third time we've had an opportunity to get one.  The first time, we bought a new canvas tent instead and the second time we just didn't watch our funds close enough and over spent on other things.  Now, on the other hand, both of our phones suck and are falling apart and dying.  So a debate began.  Do we get a dishwasher as planned or do we get phones?  We talked about it at length until late last night and finally decided to get phones, but not until after I had extracted a few solid promises.  He promises to never let the dishes get out of hand again and to never make me open a cupboard to no bowls or a drawer to no spoons or forks again.  I promised to always rinse out my milk cups and cereal bowls.  In return we end up with nice new phones and some extra money left over to get things like a curtain rod, supplies to start restoring my trunk, and a nice night out together.  If we had bought the dishwasher we wouldn't be able to do the extra things.  He also promised me that we will buy a dishwasher, for sure, the next time we have the money to.  Hopefully we will get a better refund next year and still get our spring bonuses.

I have to admit, I am excited for a new phone and Wire-fly had an awesome deal on the phones we really wanted.  We did, however, switch providers.  I will miss T-mobile, but Sprint had the better deals and better phones and cheaper plan to support those phones.  Hopefully Spint has improved as much as they say they have, it sucked balls last time we were with them.  Oh and we also get a corporate discount with Sprint, so that will help too.

Besides, I now have a very happy Hunney, and sometimes that's worth living without a dishwasher a little while longer.  :)

1 comment:

Denise said...

Good job. I will cross my fingers that the promises will be kept. and it's nice to treat yourself once in a while!