Monday, September 27, 2010

Stupid Cow

We went to the Red Ginger Bistro for dinner to catch their happy hour for sushi (half off all rolls and dollar nigiri).  We'd never been before but they had a good deal for happy hour.  As soon as we walked in, this lady in one of the front tables kept looking at me.  She kept it up all through dinner and then she started giggling and then she kept leaning over and whispering to her companion who then also looked at me and giggled.  I am a grown woman and am past such nonsense (unless of course I am in a stupidly childish mood) and did my best to ignore her and enjoy dinner.  Andy had his back to them and so didn't know it was going on, otherwise I'm sure he would have said something.  Dinner was very tasty and I believe we will be going back there.  I love the tuna nigiri and had three of them.  Raw tuna tastes like a soft, meaty, exotic fruit to me and I love it!  I also had their Tokyo roll which is salmon, white tuna, and yellow tail and is very tasty.  Andy had four different nigiri, a hellfire roll and a dragon roll.  I had a bit of each of his rolls and they were good too, if a bit spicy for me, the hellfire more than the dragon.  I didn't realize just how much that other table had been bugging me until they got up and left.  I then told Andy what was going on and asked if I had something on my face or if my hair had stood on end or something.  He of course said I didn't and said she didn't have much going for her and to not worry about it.  He later called her a stupid cow!  LOL  I love my husband.  But really, some people can just be so childish.  I know I shouldn't let it get to me, but today my resolve isn't very good I guess.  Good thing I have plenty of people who love me to help me feel better about myself.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

How rude! I am glad that your sushi was good and now I am craving sushi. Mmm. Raw fish.

The Barton Bunch said...

Some people can be so rude! Can I just say the whole idea of sushi grosses me out though?! I can't even stomach cooked seafood let alone raw seafood. YUCK! Glad you enjoyed though. :)