Monday, September 27, 2010

Weekend

We started off the weekend nicely by leaving work Friday and heading straight for Andy's mom's house.  She had invited us over for dinner and it sounded delicious.  Andy's cousin's, Dusty and Rowen, were in town as well.  I called Denise and she was wonderful enough to go let Lily out for us (thank you so much) even though it was their anniversary.  Dinner was wonderful as promised and we visited well into the night.  Had some very interesting and very funny conversations that all were started by Lew I'd just like to say.  LOL  That was only the second or third time I had met Dusty and Rowen.  Dusty is on leave from Afghanistan and will be going back shortly.  I really like them, they're funny.  Their kids are really loud tho and I don't think they know what it means to use their inside voices, but they are super cute.  Lew, Rowen and I took off to an Antique store before dinner, but got there a little too late and they closed in only about 20 minutes so we didn't get to look around a whole lot.  But I did spy two trunks that I wanted a closer look at.

The next morning I was up and ready to go treasure hunting again, so I drug Andy out once again.  We stopped and had breakfast together and then went by Lew's place again.  She was busy tho and Dusty and Rowen were getting ready to leave and go back to Arizona, so we went on our way.  We stopped back in to the shop we had visited the night before, but the trunks weren't worth having.  It was a little late to go look at some of the yard/estate sales I had written down so we skipped those and we went to Sandy to look at the Sandy Antique Mall.

I got really excited when we got there as they had several trunks just sitting out front.  The ones out front turned out to be a bit more worn and a bit more pricey than I wanted to spend tho.  They had several more inside.  One of them was so smelly that when we opened it, it sent me into a coughing fit and a lady two rooms away started commenting about it.  It was horrid.  Anyway, we got back into the last room and there it was.  The biggest trunk we'd seen yet, and flat topped instead of domed, but it was in the best shape we'd seen yet and it had it's tray and the tray wasn't falling apart.  It was about double what I really wanted to pay for one, the same as the ones out front, but they have layaway!  We go pick it up in a week or so.  Yay!  I'll post pics once I get it.  I was looking for one a bit smaller, I think I can fit in this thing and still shut the lid.  It will be wonderful for our blankets and linens once I get it cleaned up.  i'm so excited about it!

Since we were so close to my sister's, we decided to stop in and say hi before going for a late lunch.  I'm glad we did because we found out my parents were coming up and we were going to head down there later, now we didn't need to and we wouldn't have drove down there for nothing.  We found out they were all going over to Wheeler Farm for a photo shoot and then going to dinner.  We decided to eat sandwiches Stacie offered, take a nap and meet them for dinner after.  We had a really nice nap and woke up earlier than we needed to.  We met then at the farm, wondered around for a bit and then we all went to dinner.  It was really nice to spend some time with everyone.  Wish we could have visited a bit longer tho.  I did find out tho, that I like cottage cheese!  This makes me happy as it has always looked good to me but I never liked it as a kid so never tried it as an adult, but then I got brave since we were at a buffet and what could it hurt?  Yay, now I have a healthy snack/meal to eat, fruit and cottage cheese!

Yesterday was a lazy day.  I remembered that we were going to go back to my mother-in-law's the day before but got caught up in all the other stuff going on. I tried to call her but she didn't answer.  I felt so bad.  I did laundry, had a really long nap and watched some TV.  I did the budget and then regretted spending all the money we did, but that's how it goes I guess. 

No comments: