Thursday, March 29, 2012

How to Walk a Cat

I must apologize, I don't have pictures or a video as I was laughing too hard and didn't think to grab the camera.

Back to Saturday.  Remember the straightened out wire hanger?  Well, as I was straightening it, the cat became fixated and of course wanted to do her part to "help" and was trying to grab the end of it.  When I finally got it straight and got a little hook made at the end of it, I got up and headed for the bathroom to unclog the drain.  Half way there, I realized the cat was walking ahead of me in a very focused manor.  I had the wire held out ahead of me and I realized she was still fixated on the end of the wire!

I stopped.  She stopped.  I moved. She moved.  Now, I have no idea how old she is, and she's a little over weight and a lot lazy and she usually loses interest in playing pretty quickly.  I decided to test how fixated she was.

It was like I had a remote control cat!  It was hilarious.  Round and round we went thru the kitchen and living room.  Up and down the hall.  Up and down and all around the furniture.  Anywhere the tip of that wire went, she had to go!  I had to stop before she did.  I've never seen her so focused before.  Andy, Tony and I were all cracking up.

I threw the wire away but I'll have to make another one and try to get video next time.

No comments: