Sunday, March 11, 2012

A Weekend with Becca

We had our niece over for the whole weekend, last weekend, and we all had fun.  I don't like the reason that we got to have her for the whole weekend tho.  I'll let you read the details here.  We tried to stay positive and keep Becca occupied and distracted however.

They don't eat out much for budget and dietary reasons, and so we decided to spoil the kiddo and take her to get a kids meal and play.  We went to Arctic Circle and she got a soft purple bunny with her meal, but she didn't want to go play, surprisingly.  One of the workers was very attentive, which I thought was funny for a fast food place, but didn't mind.  When we were done with our meal she brought us all courtesy cones and took our tray away.  She was super nice and loved Becca.  We got home and watched a little tv, then we all got in our jammies and settled down.  We called Stacie and Kenton so Becca could talk to them and tell them goodnight and then we put her to bed.  We sang some songs (and realized we don't know many children's songs) and then Andy told her a story about hobbits and where they live.  She loved it.  I cuddled up with her and stayed with her after the story until she started rubbing her eyes.  She went right to sleep after I left.  She's such a good girl.  I was expecting some tears.

In the morning we tried watching some cartoons, she loved the leapfrog learning one we found but wasn't too interested in any others.  She asked to do my hair a little later in the morning, so I got my hair done up.  She's going to be a hairdresser I just know it!


Later we made noodle necklaces together.


She then decided Lily needed to wear them.


She's such a cute and silly girl, love her!


She really liked our fish tank and had fun watching the fishies and asking all about them, I failed to get pictures of that tho.

We took her to Carl's Jr for lunch and she had a blast on their playground with a bunch of other kids.  This girl hates shoes and socks, like takes them off the minute she gets anywhere, hates them, but I asked nicely and she actually came back off the play set with socks still on her feet!

Later, her and I took a trip down to grandma and grandpa's for a bit.  We had a really good visit and had dinner with them.  Normally, Becca doesn't want to leave grandma's, but this time, after we had been there a while and while I was still talking to my mom (Hi mom!), I saw her go and put her socks on.  Then she put her shoes on.  Remember how I said she doesn't like them?  Then she put her coat on.  Then she casually came and sat by me and said, "Can we go now?"  I laughed.  She wanted to go back to our place!

That night, after a phone call to mom and dad for a goodnight, Andy told her about Bilbo Baggins and the trolls, which she loved, and she went right to sleep again.

We watched some more cartoons in the morning and she brushed my hair for a while and then Stacie came to get her.  I'm not sure who was more excited to see the other.  

It was nice to have the rest of the day to ourselves.  :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What cute pictures! Thanks for sharing.

Elizabeth said...

I agree I think that she will be a hairdresser. I am glad that you had a nice weekend with her.