Thursday, March 22, 2012

Fishies

Frenchie has vanished.  The gourami have been hanging out at the top more and more and being a lot less shy.  I'm pretty sure one of them got him.  I'll be setting up my ten gallon this weekend and so the next time I see a survivor I can just plop them in there till they're bigger.  That is, until I get a betta in there. 

I added Co2 to my tank recently.  The algae break out is driving me nuts, I realized I really do have more light on the tank than I thought, and I'm just not seeing the growth on the plants that I was hoping for.  So I took out the air stone and put in Co2.  I need to add another jar to the setup, but the little bit the one jar has added has definitely helped.  The hair algae is starting to turn white and will hopefully continue on to pink and then DIE.  I have also seen a lot more growth int he plants and have seen a couple oxygen bubbles from the plants as well.  Once I add a second bottle, things should only get better.  Yay!

I love that the gourami aren't being as shy.  When I fed them this morning the female stayed right by my fingers!  Her name is Clover and the male is Tupelo, both are types of honey.  We felt they were fitting names for honey gourami.  :)

The bristlenose pleco has been named squeegee, since he cleans the glass, and the ottos are his boyz.  The verdict is still out on what to name the painted swordtails.  One danio has a name, but only because she's very tiny.  Her name is Pipsqueek.  She's hardly grown since we've had her and all the others have about doubled in size.  They are also now fully showing their spots and red stripes and are beautiful.

Baggs spends most of her time in front of the tank watching.  She has taken to jumping up and slapping the tank if a fish is near the front however.  I need to try and get her to not do that.  I can dream right?

2 comments:

Denise said...

sorry. that might have something to do with me. When I go look at them she climbs in my lap and we stare at the fishes together. I won't do that with her anymore. :)

Mooster said...

I do that with her too, you don't have to stop :)

I don't know that she would ever learn to stop.