Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Car trouble

Our car has been running noisy and grumbling a lot and has been getting really bad gas mileage.  I put it off thinking that's it's winter and the car just hates the cold as much as I do and let it go.  Well late last week, as we were coming out of a fast food place we went to for lunch, I noticed something hanging under the car, so I bent down to see what it was.


Yup, that's our muffler pipe hanging there!  Stupid joint came apart.  I got thinking about it and decided it probably got jarred bad when we got rear ended a month or so ago and our tail pipe bit into another car's bumper.  My guess is that sheared one bolt and the other one has been working itself out since then cause it was missing.

Good thing we have a great mechanic!  $35 later and all is better.  The car is much happier, no more grumbles, and our pocket book didn't have to get emptied!


This has been such a good little SUV, this is the first actual repair we've had to do in the five years we've had it.  Well, I guess we did have to have the washer fluid line reattached, but that was so minor.  It's been nothing but maintenance.  Lets hope it stays that way!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I am sorry, car troubles are the worst. I am glad it was not anything worse and was not super expensive.