Monday, February 27, 2012

Milk bones and Hugging the Pail

The other night I let Lily out and in a bit she started barking.  I didn't think much of it cause she always does, but it wasn't her normal, "There's someone going by I don't know." bark, it was a happy, "Hey, I know you!" bark.  She stopped quickly tho and so I didn't go look.  When Andy let her back in, he started laughing like crazy.  I got up to go see what was funny and there's Lily, happy as all get out, with a giant milk bone in her mouth.  We both realized Mitty had been by to say, "Hi" to her.  We have this neighbor that has no dog, but he always has milk bones.  When he first started giving Lily bones I thought it was so weird, but then I realized he just loves dogs even tho he doesn't have one.  We've caught him a couple of times at the back gate sneaking them to her when she's out alone.  He's so cute with her.

I don't remember just what was said, but after we quit laughing over Lily and her bone, I ended up calling Andy a dork and this ensued in a chase.  For anyone who has been to our house, you know that the kitchen and living room are connected by two doors, well Andy started chasing me around and around this in a game we often play when we are teasing each other.  It drives Lily nuts and she ends up barking at us and that just makes us laugh all the more.  Any way, we decided to stop so the dog could calm down and decided it was time for bed, so Andy turned out the lights.  I got a glimpse of him heading towards me again just as the light went out, so I took off.  I know the house, I know what's where, so I had no fear.

Wrong

I took the corner too sharp and collided with the dog food bucket!  My foot hit and I knew I was going down!  My leg hit.  It was on it's side.  I felt it give and thought it would break.  The rim dug into my upper thigh.  And I ended up on the floor, in the middle of the kitchen hugging the bucket in a kind of fetal position. I heard Andy gasp and he flipped the light on and I knew he thought I was seriously hurt, but when you're on the floor laughing so hard you can't make a sound, it's kind of hard to reassure anyone! When I finally could make a sound, it was a huge squeaky belly laugh!  He then relaxed and started laughing his head off too!  How could you not!  I went to bed with my gut hurting from laughing and my left leg and boob hurting from the bucket.

The next day, while I was in the bathroom at work, I looked down to see this huge half moon bruise on my upper leg and burst out laughing again, right there in the ladies.  I'm sure the few people that were in there thought I was nuts!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

well, if you are going to get hurt at least you were having a really good time doing it. It is good you have fun, life is too short not to. Love ya.