Sunday, January 29, 2012

More Plants

I bought a couple more plants from a guy I found on a forum and got them added to my tank.  The full Nitrogen cycle isn't completely set up yet, but it's getting there.  The ammonia eating bacteria seem to be established, my ammo levels are zero today!
 
 This little plant is called Pennywort.  I put it in the back because it supposedly grows quickly and fills out.  It can also be used as a floating plant, but I prefer it be planted.

This plant is called Bacopa Caroliniana.  You can't see it in the picture, but it has a reddish tinge to the leaves.
 The plant on the left is Ludwigia Palustris.  The one on the right hiding behind the rock is an Amazon Sword plant.  It's a little one that was attached to the bigger one that I bought.  If you look at the top of the thick stem, it's growing another one already.  That larger leaf you see at the top of the stem grew overnight.  It was just a little nub yesterday.






The plant on the driftwood is called Anubias Nana Petite and doesn't require planting.  I just stuffed it in a crevasse in the wood.  It gets all it's nutrients from the water itself.  The plants in the front of the picture are called Glossostigma and aren't doing very well.  I think they need a higher amount of light than what my fixture produces.






This plant is called Micro sword.  It should eventually spread out and make kind of like a carpet across the entire bottom.  Once this happens I won't have to vacuum the bottom of the tank.








I like the little rock stack we made from rocks out of our front yard.

No comments: