Friday, January 20, 2012

Getting excited!

My new light for my tank should be here on Monday and I bought two nice pieces of driftwood to put in the tank today.  I may hook a hose up to a tap and fill it tomorrow and get it going!  I'm too excited to wait another week so I can buy plants before getting it started. I really don't want to deal with planting plants after it's filled, but I'm so anxious!  I got a water test kit and have been having fun testing our tap water.  Our pH is high (alkaline) which is a bit disappointing, but the fish I think I've settled on should be able to adapt to it and handle it okay.
The two driftwood pieces I bought
Here they are in the tank.  The one on the left just barely fits,
I had to  move it around to find a way to set it in there without
it touching the front and back.  I may end up standing it up.
This is our tap water.  From bottom to top:
8.0 pH, 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites, 0 nitrates
This is a good thing.
Andy has decided to not get a tortoise, he's going to buy stuff to make his own beer instead.  I have my misgivings, but I'm curious about the process and think it will be fun to watch, and fun for him to do.  He's very excited about it.

No comments: