Sunday, January 22, 2012

Finally!

I sold my DS!  I went and got a water changer and got the tank filled today!  Woot!  Now to get the light and a few plants tomorrow and I can get this thing going.  I have to get new tubing for the filter as well.  the tubing I bought doesn't fit and we can't force it to fit either so I have to stop and get a bigger size tomorrow.  Once I do that I can hook up the filter and dose it up and get it started cycling.  With luck, I will have a quick cycle and can start getting fish in a couple weeks or a month.  Sounds like a long time, I know.  Sigh.

A water changer is the neatest invention ever by the way.  Its like a gravel vacuum, but 100 times better.  It's got a gravel vac tube on one end with a valve switch on it.  On the other end, It has another valve switch and an adapter to hook it to a faucet!  You turn on the faucet and adjust it to the temp you want (by feel) then go dose the tank with water conditioner and put the gravel vac end in the tank with the valve off, then go back to the sink and turn the valve and and let the tube fill, then go back the tank and open the valve on that end and voila! your tank is filling up.  No buckets!  If you want to suck water out, you switch the valve the other way on the sink and the water flow creates suction!  No buckets!  It's so cool.  And fast!  I had 50 gallons in the tank in about 15 minutes or so. I'm so happy!

I'll look even better with plants and a light!
Putting in the eco complete

Arranging the driftwood and rocks

Filling

Full!

No comments: