Monday, December 27, 2010

And Back to Reality

NOOOOO!

Back to work and back to the grind.  I went to bed feeling icky and I woke up this morning feeling horribly dizzy and it lasted most of the morning.  Now it is evening and I am draining and have a sore and swollen throat.  Not again, not now!  I can't afford this!  I would like to go more than a month with out being sick thankyouverymuch!

My boss let us all know this morning that we need to do 40 hours this week too so it will be another week of late nights so I don't have to work on Friday.  We are hosting a party on Friday and I can't afford to work that day.  Andy, the sweetheart, has said he will do most of the cleaning during the week so we only have to do little things on Friday.  That will be nice.  However, this week like last, is a holiday week so I don't actually get paid overtime for my extra hours because technically they aren't extra unless its over 40, but I do bank the holiday time, so between last week and this and my normal vacation time accrued per paycheck, I will finally have over a week of time banked.  Now hopefully this stupid cold will be mild so I don't have to use any of that right now.  I want it for an actual vacation for once dangit!  I hate having to use all my PTO for being sick, it sucks.  I came home and slept the evening away instead of getting anything done and am now heading to bed, hopefully being rested will help me in the morning.

Anyway, so real life slammed back in place like a runaway truck hitting a wall.  Thank goodness we are almost done with all this work and can hopefully not do any over time next week and be back to our normal schedules the following week.  Now wouldn't that be wonderful?  At least my dreams aren't dead.  :)

My apologies for my whininess.

No comments: