Friday, December 24, 2010

Getting Excited

Working hard, working overtime, can't wait to go back to my normal schedule.  I was being totally bummed and depressed because my boss was telling us all we were going to need to work today and possibly Christmas eve.  It really got to me on Monday, but Tuesday she said if we all work till 9:00 on Wednesday we wouldn't have to work the holiday and could have our four day weekend.  YAY!

Due to stress and work and exhaustion, I was late getting ready for Christmas.  We just got our tree up this past Sunday and I haven't even wrapped anything that I just barely bought last Friday.  Andy know two of his presents which sucks and then I was dumb and ordered his big present without having it shipped to my sister's.  Well he got home first and because the delivery guy didn't put it where i was expecting him too, Andy discovered it.  I didn't get to see his reaction, but he called me and I could hear in his voice what I was hoping to see.  I got him a set of quality chef knives and he loves them!  He can't open the box til tomorrow but he is so excited about them, he hates the knives we have and it's going to be excited to see him excited about cooking again!  We're getting out nice kitchen one small piece at a time.  We have good quality pans, both stainless and non-stick, and a decent stove and now we have good knives.  Now we just need to save the money for new cabinets and floors LOL.  I still have a couple presents that he has no clue about that he'll be super excited over, so all is not lost (or found out).  I have no clue what he's gotten me at all.

I am finally being able to relax and get into the holiday spirit and am getting excited about Christmas.  I'm terrible, every year I get so excited I almost always make myself sick, I have the darnedest time getting to sleep and I still, even at 32 years old, wake up around 6 or so in the morning too excited to sleep anymore.  I love it!  We always spend the night with my family too.  We used to do it at my mom's but then we just got to be too many and started doing it at my sister's.  As families have grown not so many spend the night anymore, but we all get together Christmas eve for a good meal and good conversation.  This year my littlest niece will be three and is understanding more and more about Santa and presents and we are excited to see her face come Christmas morning.  It's going to be fun.  I'll have to be quick about wrapping presents tomorrow so we can get over to Stacie's early!

No comments: