Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year

Had another busy week of overtime and being sick and not getting as much done at home as we would have liked.  I stayed home Wednesday and left early Thursday due to illness and went home and slept a good portion of the evening away and our friend Tony made it in from California Thursday and made it safe despite the bad weather.  He'll be staying with us for just over two weeks. We had a green Christmas but have had snow and bad storms all week after, go figure.

Friday was party day.  We had Denise coming over early to decorate for Dan's 40th birthday and he was under the impression that it was just a simple New Year's Eve party.  Andy and I did a bunch of cleaning and prep early in the day and then I helped Denise get the family room decorated.  Andy and Tony made a couple of trips to the store for various things and again for for forgotten things.  The boys had run to the the liquor store and I knew there would be alcohol but we had some people over that we hadn't ever had over for a party before and there ended up being a lot more there than I expected.  I think I will forever and always be nervous about having large quantities of alcohol and people getting drunk at my house, but no one got totally wasted and overall it was a really fun party.  We had pizza and goodies and snacks and we all had some really good laughs and good conversation and later Rockband was brought out and that was a blast.  Dan was totally surprised by us celebrating his birthday and we were all up late enjoying the good company.  That was the first NYE party that we didn't actually play any board games and I found that weird and a bit disappointing but it was still tons of fun.  It was a very loud and boisterous night and my voice was gone by the end from the strain and the fact that I still had a cold. 

The rest of the weekend was a very lazy one.  Saturday we stayed in our jammies and played WoW all day.  Yesterday we went to lunch and a movie (we saw Tron and it was pretty good but felt unfinished) and then got together with Dan and Denise to exchange the last of the Christmas gifts.  They brought goodies and Andy made us all dinner and I think we all liked what we gave each other.  Andy got another new hat and Denise is finishing up a cross-stitch bag for me to keep all my in-progress stuff in and gave me a new pattern to work on.  It's really pretty and I can't wait to get going on it.  I also can't wait to see my new bag done, she still has a little to get done on it so I had to give it back.  But now do I start on the new one or get the one I am currently working on done first?  It's so nice to have such wonderful friends.

Now, way too soon, it is Monday once again.  I haven't had a voice all weekend, but I finally have it back, although a bit froggy still.  I have been facing nothing but problems and interruptions today tho and it has been a true lesson in patience.  Too bad I'm running low.  Still haven't heard if I have to work over time this week,  I sure hope we don't I don't know if I can handle another long week.

No comments: