Sunday, August 29, 2010

My Niece

Mitchel is doing really well, he's being embarrassingly ornery and rude, he's one of the worst patients ever lol, but the surgery went well and he's recovering well and actually should be home by Tuesday or Wednesday.

Yesterday we watched my cute little niece Becca all day.  I was actually kind of nervous about it, because we have never watched her that long and it's been forever since I've watched any kid that long, but I was still excited about it.  Stacie and Kenton had free tickets to Lagoon from Kenton's work and were excited to have a day together.  They dropped her off about 11:00 am  and didn't get back until around 10:00 or so that night.  Andy left to see Mitch just before 2:00 or so and didn't get back until almost 6:00 so I had her a good portion of the day myself.  We watched some cute videos on youtube and I tried some movies, but she's just not into sitting still for anything much yet.  She played with her toys and the dogs and I showed her how to get this little dragon toy I have to roll across the kitchen floor.  She loved it and that kept her entertained for a while.  We have this huge yellow stuffed cow that's as big as she is that she just adored.  She took to jumping off the ottoman onto it for a while, silly girl.  She drug out an office chair we have with no back on it at one point and sat on it, I was on the phone with Stacie and looked away for just a sec and looked back just in time to see her standing on it and attempted to jump from it to the couch.  Of course it spun out from under her and she landed hard, but didn't get hurt thank goodness.  I told her not to do that and she pouted.  She went to try it again, and I told her no, she dropped her head, cussed something at me and ran down the hall to "her" room, (we told her our spare room was hers and she claimed it entirely as her own) I had the hardest time not laughing.  I was on the phone with Stacie still and it took me a minute to be able to tell her what happened.  LOL  Later, she sat on it and I spun her for a bit, she loved it! At some point, she stepped on one of the doggy toys and it squeaked.  She stepped on it again but it didn't squeak.  she picked it up and squeezed it all over then threw it on the floor and stomped all over it trying to get it to squeak again.  It was so funny, she kept missing the squeaker!

At one point in the day, Bill stopped by to fix our back faucet so we can use the hose back there again and, silly me, I had completely forgotten he was coming by.  He looked it over and went and got some parts, came back and he fixed it right up!  Thank you Bill!  You're the best!  Sure enough, my stupidity at not removing the hose off the back faucet for the winter made it freeze and burst. 

We took Becca to Mcdonald's for dinner and got her a happy meal.  We had told her she had to eat before she could play and that she couldn't have her toy until it was time to leave.  It worked great.  A bribe to eat, and a bribe to leave.  hehe.  We got her in her jammies about 8:30 and had her try to settle down on the couch for a while and then Andy took her into "her" room and sang her to sleep.  She was such a good little girl all day, it was great.  We only had to deal with one accident, otherwise she did really well all day with that. She was so cute when she woke up to go home, she didn't want to leave.  That made us both feel really good.

We didn't do much, but man was I beat.  It's hard keeping up with a two year old.  LOL  I slept till after 11:00 today, but I'm pretty sure I also have a sinus infection and I always sleep a lot with those.

No comments: