Monday, August 9, 2010

A Glutton for Punishment

I paid for my efforts over the weekend by not being able to walk very well and getting asked lots of questions at work today.  Andy had to stay home, but I couldn't stay home to take care of him or myself.  My back and legs hurt really bad and my hands feel swollen and achy and they are hard to use, but I made it through the day and even made dinner again tonight, a yummy goulash.  I guess I am a glutton for punishment though.  My front lawn has been in dire need of mowing for a few weeks now and has grown well above ankle height.  Most of it is morning glory which makes it look even worse.  I have been putting it off because of the heat and I can't afford to pay anyone else to do it and Andy can't.  Well, tonight it was finally cool enough so I bucked up and went out and mowed it.  It is currently being watered and I am waiting for another dose of Ibuprofen to kick in so I can relax and go to bed.  What must be done, must be done.  I did the budget too and now I get to start worrying about money again. Such is life. Sigh.

As I sit here typing, Lily is out cold against me and barking in her sleep.  Probably dreaming of chasing pot guts or bicycles, silly girl. She was so worn out from the camp out that when we got home, she parked herself on the couch and didn't hardly move for several hours yesterday which is really not like her at all LOL

No comments: