Sunday, August 22, 2010

A/C

When I finally woke up today, Andy told me he had called an a/c guy and he would be out later in the day.  He told me that he had found a guy willing to come out on a Sunday and check it out for free.  Okay.  The house was so hot, even the basement wasn't any kind of relief.

I have been really out of sorts today and outright depressed.  I don't know what to do about anything we need done and don't know how to better the situation quickly.  I fell asleep sometime downstairs.  When I woke up the a/c guy was there, but I didn't want to go out and see what was going on so I stayed in the basement.  Andy came in in a little while just totally mad and he proceeded to tell me that the unit had flipped a breaker and now it was back on and working.  Well that's good.  But then he told me that he offered the guy some money for coming out and thanked him for helping.  I guess the guy got really offended and started getting rude and going on and on about how much he would have charged had this or that been wrong and then asked for double what Andy offered him all the while being very rude even tho he said he'd come out for free.  Andy paid him what he offered and that was that.  I know he needs to earn a living and what not, but if you say you'll come and check it for free, don't get pissy when there isn't any real work to be done and charge as if there was and don't stick your nose up at an honest offer for your time.  Also, if you say you'll be there between 1:00 and 2:00 don't show up at 3:30 without notice.  I wasn't out there, so I'm not sure what all was said or what have you, but I'm really happy its working again.

A really neat storm blew thru late in the afternoon.  It was blowing rain so hard against the front window I almost wondered if it was gonna break it.  It also shoved our deck chairs around.  It cooled things off tho, so that's nice. I also got  My computer tower running finally and hooked it up to the tv so we can watch netflix and hulu on it and cancel xbox live.

se la vie(sp?)

No comments: