Monday, April 23, 2012

Busy Weekend

Last week was same ol', same ol', but the weekend was almost non-stop.  We took our friend's Dan and Denise out to dinner as thanks for all the things they help us with and then we hung out with them all evening, visiting and watching a movie.  Saturday morning we did chores and had a slight argument over plans.  We were supposed to go to our nephew's birthday party, but Andy forgot about this and invited his dad and brothers over to help him with his next beer brew.  I let him know how I felt about that and then decided to just go to the party by myself. 

When Mike and Anne got here, Andy told them about the situation and they insisted he come with me and reschedule beer brewing for the next day (hehe).  Apologies were made both ways and plans were changed.  However, when Andy told his other brother and dad that they needed to do it the next day instead, they all got huffy with him.  I felt bad about that, but in the end everyone agreed to come back the next day but Mike and Anne.  They had other plans.

Our little nephew is so cute!  We all gave him "monies" and the little guy made out with about $20 in change!  That's nice earnings for a four year old.  He loves change and loves his bank.  Grandma and grandpa gave him a new bank and he wasn't sure about switching to the new one until uncle Kenton showed him how to use the new one.  We were all teasing him about borrowing money, and we all got the same response, "Um, no."  Until he got frustrated and then it was, "I said No! No. No. NO!" hehe

Somewhere in the middle of the party, a thing called a hoppy taw got mentioned and my sister and I were at a total loss as to what it was.  Everyone in the whole room was shocked we didn't know what it was.  I guess it's a rubber disk that you use as a marker to play hopscotch with.  Apparently we were deprived as children as we used a white rock to not only draw the hopscotch board, but then we used the same rock as a marker to play.  LOL Learn something new(old) everyday I guess :)

We had fun at the party and we were both glad we went even tho we didn't stay long.  I wasn't feeling great and Andy had been dealing with a headache.

Sunday, I got up planning to just do a little yard work and then my normal Sunday chores.  I went out and put weed and feed on the front lawn and then spread grass seed all over the back and then set the sprinklers up and went in.  I went back out a little while later and sprayed all the cracks in the driveway, sidewalks, and fence lines with Round Up.  It was really hot and this little bit was about all I could muster.  I went back in and sat down to play Skyrim for a bit and then do the laundry. 

Before I could get the laundry going, John and Mitchel showed up and then the boys got the brew started.  Right after that, my mother-in-law showed up too.  I got the first load of laundry started and then she and I got talking about the back and what I would like to do with it and before I knew it she was out there pulling weeds.  Then I was out there doing it with her.  Before I knew it we were trimming trees too!  I couldn't let her out do me lol.

I managed to talk Andy into getting another couple loads of laundry done and then he came out and got after me for not stopping.  He knew I was hurting.  We finally quit and we all sat on the deck for a while visiting and drinking cold, wonderful, best water ever!  I was soooo thirsty.  It was really nice to have them all over and to have help doing some yard work.  It was very rewarding.

I managed to finish getting the laundry clean, if not folded, but none of my other Sunday chores got done.  The tank needs some plant management and a water change and the litter box needs cleaning and the plants need watering, but it had to wait.

I'm hurting badly today and have been fighting fatigue all day, but I made it thru the workday and got some more grass seed spread in the back to cover the ground we weeded and got it watered again.  I got the house plants watered and the furnace filter replaced so we can turn the AC on, but that's it.  Been a bum all evening otherwise. 

Tomorrow is going to be a very, very busy day at work.  I hope I won't hurt as bad tomorrow.

No comments: