Monday, April 9, 2012

Updates

The black out on the tank did almost nothing.  The staghorn algae is mostly gone but that's it. The other three kinds are still going strong. On to plan B, a different cleanup crew.

The 10 is cycling nicely, but erratically.   Nitrites showed up almost on schedule, but so did nitrates.  They aren't supposed to show up yet.  I added some plants and have Co2 running in it.  I'll be moving the Co2 back to the 50 and put the air pump back on the 10 and hopefully that will get it back on track for now.

My dreaded, dreaded, poor, pathetic lawn.  It is once again time to try and tame it.  This year I not only bought weed killer, but I bought grass seed too!  I get intimidated by that every year, or run out of money or time or both or all three, but this year I have it.  I will be spraying weed killer over the next couple of days, then I have to wait four weeks to lay the seed.  That sucks since I will most likely miss the rains, but putting the seed down first and waiting four weeks to spray really isn't an option.  The weeds would be out of control and most likely choke out the seed.  So I'll spray now, put down fertilizer in about two weeks and then seed two weeks after that, and about two weeks after that, we should start seeing a much better lawn.  Let the battle begin!

Somewhere in the middle of all of that, we will also be borrowing a tiller and trying our luck once again at gardening.  I have two jalapeno plants, a tomato plant, and some basil already and plan on planting thyme, rosemary, corn and maybe zucchini or cucumbers and some squash as well.  Ooh, and maybe some strawberries.  If all goes well and it turns out better than the first time I tried, I'll try onions and garlic next year and maybe some lettuce.

What we call the summer popularity season, has also begun.

We planned a bbq, just because, with the Huz's side of our family a few weeks ago for this past weekend.   Then we get invited to my brother's in-law birthday party, then we get invited to a party for a friend, then we realized it was Easter.  We stuck with the bbq since it was planned first and had to cancel on both parties.  The bbq was perfect.  Good weather, good food, and good company and it doubled for family Easter time.

This happens to us a lot on weekends in the summer.  Many people inviting us to do many things on the same day.  Thus the popularity season name.  We don't mind tho, it always works out.

Sunday we went to Easter brunch with friends.  Again the food and company were good.

Overall, we had a pretty good weekend.

Next weekend is shaping up to be just as busy :)

We also got roped back into playing World of Warcraft.  They are running a promotion right now that if you get a friend to come back that has been gone for a while, you can get a cool mount for one of your characters and they can get a free expansion and some free levels and a few other perks.  Dan talked me into signing back up (Andy told him he would have to pay for a month of my account tho) so he could get the mount.  Well, after I was back in, Andy decided maybe he should play again too.  So I sent him an invite so I could get the mount :)

We haven't decided yet if this is good or bad or how much we'll actually play yet.  We both feel like total noobs again.  Our friends that we play D&D with and went to Sunday brunch with, also play and are going to be moving characters to our server, so we'll have more people we actually know to play with.  That should be fun.

No comments: