Saturday, July 31, 2010

What a great day!

My fibro has been acting up again this week and I actually took yesterday off work because of it, I was fighting fatigue and full body aches really bad.  Andy hadn't been feeling well for a few days and stayed home too.  I slept half the day away but felt a little better when I did finally wake up, but still hurting.  I think Andy felt a bit better too.  Late in the evening we decided to get out of the house for a bit and went to our new favorite sushi place, Simply Sushi.  It's an all you can eat sushi bar that's really, really good.  I highly recommend it.  We then decided to go to a movie and saw Dinner for Shmucks.  It was so funny, I don't think I spent more than 5 given minutes not at least giggling if not outright laughing through the whole movie.  We then got frozen yogurt at Yogurt Land after.  Love that place.  It was a good evening despite not feeling the greatest.

I had made plans for us to go fishing with my brother in law Saturday morning, but when I woke up this morning I was hurting pretty bad again so I tried to call Kenton and tell him we weren't going but he didn't answer.  I called Stacie and she picked up all happy and excited and I started to say we weren't coming but she was bummed and said we were all going to make a day and picnic out of it which I wasn't planning and didn't know Stacie and Becca were coming.  I decided we really should go so I got Andy up and got us a lunch put together and we headed over to their house.  We picked up our chairs from them and put their cartop carrier on our escape for next weekend and we headed out to a lake none of us had been to but they had heard it was a good place to go.  All they knew is it was a man made lake somewhere in Herriman.  We found out later it was called Blackridge Reservoir.  It took us a bit to find it as you would never know it was there at all until you get to it.  We get there and it's nothing more than a large pond really, but there were tons of people there and it had a really nice beach so we decided to stay and have fun.  Its not stocked so there were no fish to be had but we were all okay with that.  Andy and I had not come prepared to get wet only to fish, but decided we could wade and get our feet wet anyway.

Well, after getting in the water, which was the most perfect temperature ever, we just couldn't resist.  We got out and emptied our pockets, had a sandwich and then went swimming in our clothes.  It was so much fun!  Becca loved it and we all had fun playing in the shallows.  Andy and I swam out to where we couldn't touch and just hung out for a while.  He ended up swimming way out to the middle at one point when I had swam back in to chat with Stacie for a bit.  Thunder boomed and it rained for a bit so we all got out, but then the sun came back out and we laid out on the beach to dry, thanks Stacie for bringing towels!  It was so much fun and so relaxing!  I so want to go back.  I put sunscreen on my face and and Stacie sprayed my legs when I laid out, but my neck and arms got burned, oh well LOL. 

We went down to my mom's once we talked ourselves into leaving, got Cafe Rio and visited for a while before heading home.  It was such an awesome day!  We both so needed a day like today, it was great!  My back is killing me and my burns hurt, but I don't even care right now.  :)

Oh and I cannot forget to thank Dan and Denise for being willing to go over and let our dogs out for us once we realized we were going to be too long to get back to them to do so.  Thank you guys, you are wonderful!

No comments: